Riding trouser: the crazy puzzle.. Adventure bike riders ==> HELP!

Nickal

Jul 18, 2022
Dear all,

I'm facing a challenge to find an Adventure Trouser, that is designed for the heat, because, many brands are not available in TH. For many local brands, if we park the doubt on the quality/safety, I don't fit in the trouser's design (in genral too tight on the legs).
Riding Jean is OK for touring, but not for offroad (especially if becomes wet).

So, I'm asking time to time. I see people managed to bring one from overseas during a trip, other options using motocross suite+protection but that doesn't sound suitable for touring.

Can you please share what has been your choice?
Thanks a lot
Nico

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Assero pants have been a winner for many GTR riders
but I'm not sure you can get any at the moment.

Helmet 2 Home shop has plenty of riding pants, have you checked there yet?

Zeromet may also have something

Chang Moto has top end gear, & rode in the 2022 BMW GS Trophy Rally for the Thailand team.

Reactions: Eoin Christie

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
I have had the Assero gear Tropical pants for about 6 years.
Cool as you will find for riding in the heat. Very abrasion resistant (they tell me - no wipeout experience yet.
Dry quickly. Every seam, zipper is still holding up as new.
I use suspenders to hold them up, bought them with a very large waste to give me lots of room to move around. And nothing underneath them but underwear.
Shipped from HKG when I bought them.

jimboy

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 28, 2010
South-East Asia
www.asserogear.com
Dear all,

I'm facing a challenge to find an Adventure Trouser, that is designed for the heat, because, many brands are not available in TH. For many local brands, if we park the doubt on the quality/safety, I don't fit in the trouser's design (in genral too tight on the legs).

So, I'm asking time to time. I see people managed to bring one from overseas during a trip, other options using motocross suite+protection but that doesn't sound suitable for touring.

Thanks a lot
Nico

We still have Assero Tropical pants and Horizon touring pants in most sizes. Measure around your waist against the skin at the same height your jeans waistband would rest. That should give the correct size. Delivery in Thailand is free. And this month you will receive a complimentary set of SAS-TEC hip protectors with your order. You can reach us here; https://asserogear.com/contact-us.html

We are almost out of jackets, though.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Dear all,

Thanks a lot
Nico

Hi Nico
How did you go, what did you do and get in the end?

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
I went with Rev'it. They make a range of tropical jackets and pants. Built in armour and other options. Not cheap but well made and well appointed. They dry quickly, quite cool to ride in and leak like a sieve in heavy rain. Rain coat required. As they are made in Vietnam, it might be worth enquiring if they have a back door shop somewhere.

Klonko

Subscribed
Nov 24, 2023
Touratech expensive, high quality, for dual use (not off-road specific). Works at 40° (tested today crossing Bangkok). Gear is produced by Stadler, a German company, which I have been using in Europe for many years. The only real high quality gear for long rides I could find in Thailand.