Yuour welcome Beat this is the direct route, still has 304 in it so not all bad. Really cuts down the distnace.
Driving directions to Roi Et, Thailand
523 km – about 7 hours 56 mins
ChonburiBang Pla Soi, Muang Chonburi, Chonburi, Thailand
1. Head east on Monta Sewi 0.1 km
2. Turn right toward Route 3/Sukhumvit 0.3 km
3. Turn left at Rongpayaban Kao 0.4 km
4. Turn left at Route 3/Sukhumvit
Continue to follow Route 3
Partial toll road 12.3 km
5. Exit onto Route 3/Sukhumvit
Continue to follow Sukhumvit 0.6 km
6. Continue on Route 34/Bang Na-Trat 0.4 km
7. Slight left at Route 34 5.5 km
8. Turn left toward Route 3/Sukhumvit 0.6 km
9. Turn right at Route 3/Sukhumvit 0.3 km
10. Continue on Route 314 18.1 km
11. Turn right to stay on Route 314 5.4 km
12. Continue on Route 304 33.3 km
13. Slight right to stay on Route 304 189 km
14. Continue on Route 2 67.9 km
15. Turn right at Route 207 37.8 km
16. Slight right at Route 202 8.5 km
17. Continue on Route 207 4.0 km
18. Continue on Route 202 109 km
19. Turn left at Route 215 25.7 km
20. Turn right 0.8 km
21. Turn left 0.5 km
22. Turn right 3.1 km
23. Turn left 0.1 km
Bring the vest for sure. pack in some rain gear. This time of year you really can't predict rain. But at this point it shows some on Saturday evening. But we are really to far out to predict it with any accuracy.
Beat typically here if we get them they last 30 Mins or less just pull over and relax let it pass and you should be OK. Can't speak for the entire route but we had some good rains last week so most of the built up oil is off the road surface now.
They are nice breaks from the heat.
My problem is by the time I get the rain gear on I'm already wet. Nothing a good shower and a change of clothes won't fix.
They have been forecasting rain here in Khon Kaen every day this week, but apart from a couple of showers overnight it has not happened.
However Chumpae has had rain during the day also on a couple of days.
So it can be very localised, and second what Ray says, pull over if its heavy, probably not last long
John look like I will be meeting some guys in Khon Kean on Saturday for the ride up if you want to join us slow pokes. I plan on a cool down in the room before the party. Should be in Khon Kean around 1000 hours
Beat and a couple more biker friends are overnighting Friday in Khon Kaen. They were talking about taking in one of the local attractions, maybe the Dinosaur Museum 30K North of Kalasin before dropping down to Roi Et. I will ride with them, so I need to touch base Fri pm and find out what their Sat am agenda is. When I find out i will email or phone you to see if we can meet up here in KK, or if not here maybe outskirts of Kalasin.
Hope the flu has cleared up John
I'm meeting the other guys at the 130 Junction, one way or another we will hook up on Saturday. I'm doing much better with the flu. But I will try to pass on the heat in the afternoon. Not 100% yet LOL
I will meet up with them Friday afternoon, they will phone me when 50km away and i will ride out to meet them as they are coming in on some back roads, more interesting than the No 2 highway. Will then meet them at hotel Sat am, probably the Orchid. Time not settled yet
Sorry guys not going to make it I have been fighting the flu for over a week, have done pretty good on recovering but now the is wife is getting sick. I'll miss hooking up with you guys. It's always a lot of fun. Take lots of photos for me.