Samerng To Wat Chan Via Route 1349

paulsiam

Oct 19, 2019
i am going to Pai from Chiangmai, but through the old (or new?) road from Samerng to Wat Chan Route 1349. A friend of mine said that students in Chiangmai are saying it is a very dangerous road because of thiefs along the way. does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Paulsiam

ZCM

Subscribed
Jun 23, 2011
cm
Been on that road a few times (including when it was unfinished and still sections of dirt road). I've never had any issues and mainly i ride solo. :)

ZCM

Subscribed
Jun 23, 2011
cm
Best of luck Paul. Wish you a wonderful ride! :)
Its actually interesting that you shared about your Thai friends saying there are bandits and robberies on this road. I wonder if these things are often just hearsay to spook each other out, or based on an event/events that happened. In some ways I am glad to not know these things, because then I just go without any preconceived thought or fear, however, if the report is genuine, then its always good to be informed.
A tricky one to balance eh! Anyway, I've only ever heard positive feedback about this road and experienced good things when riding there, so I am sure you will have a wonderful time on it. :)

paulsiam

Oct 19, 2019
actually I have traveled that road several times on my own already, and always found it great and completlyl safe. But a friend of mine has students who live in that area and he told me this. Perhaps it is "rumors" or scary stories to keep people awake at night?! If i see anything on my next trip that way, surley I post it!

Reactions: DavidFL and ZCM