Scott Oiler

Dec 3, 2003
Does anyone know where to buy oil for a scott oiler? I have one on my TDM and it works well, but can't find a source to get more oil.

DANNIE

"what's behind me is not important"

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Dannie
Ive been using straight 40 grade & it seems to work fine.
Dont use multigrade or synthetic.
I tried some 90 weight gear oil once & it didnt seem to last any longer.
The main problem seems to be heat & when it really heats up the oil runs fast through the nozzle.
I dont think there's any real need to use the "official Scott Oil," although their website may different.
Our good ol mate Peter Reid at Siam Superbike sells Scott Oilers so he might be able to supply official scott oil.
If this is not good enough then try my mate Chan Kok Pyng at M-Technik in Singapore.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Dannie
Trying David's theory, I have also been using 40 weight in my Scott Oiler on the TDM. However, I also have begun thinking, what is the difference between carrying a can of oil for the Scott Oiler or simply carrying a can of chain lube? True, the Scott gives consistent oil over long distances but I have found just spraying on chain oil occasionally to be much less trouble and not as messy as trying to carry oil for the oiler. Personal preferance I guess.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Dec 3, 2003
Thanks for the info. I'll give the 40 weight a try. I also spray the inside of the chain from time to time, just so I know that side is getting lubed. I've made several trips to Khow Yai, mountains just North of Bangkok and have really enjoyed it. It's not like around CM, but for a day trip from Bangkok it's nice. Will try to make a report so others can give it a go.

DANNIE

"what's behind me is not important"

Mar 11, 2004
Hi, Dannie, Bit of a late reply but I do keep Scott oil in the shop. Can always post some off to you. rgds Peter

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
Sorry for the bump, but this sounds like a good product to have. Any idea of the price and where to buy it in Bangkok? It sounds better than lifting the bike and cleaning and lubing the chain every week or two.