Siinthai - Simon Grant - Tributes

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
My best to his family. Our pass time is definetly dangerous. Be careful out there guys.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Very very sad.

Simon you were an absolute joy to be around & ride with.

Only a couple of weeks ago we were riding together enjoying Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai on the Africa Twins.
678000005_MgwdZ-M.jpg

How cruel life can be. My memories of you will always be sweet.

R I P mate.

You will be sadly missed by your friends on GT Rider.

Noel & Tina in Phuket you guys have the thoughts of all the Chiang Mai GT Riders with you. Please take care also. Whilst we are far apart distance-wise you are close by in our hearts & minds.

Aug 3, 2004
Stunned is the word that comes to mind.
We spoke in August and had planned to meet for sailing at the Marina in Feb.
My prayers are with family and those close to Simon.
How transient our time here, we need to treasure every friendship and every moment.

Peter

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I had just recently ridden with Simon on the way back from picking up his new bike. He was thrilled. It was seldom that I did not see Simon smiling.

On Simon's Facebook site he posted his philosphy, "One Day At A Time..."

I think he believed in that and accomplished many things that brought him happiness this past year. I am sure he will Rest In Peace.

I don't think Simon would mind if I post this photo that he shared on his site.

simonandkids.jpg

I think this is how he would like to be remembered. He will surely be missed by many.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Never had the privilege to meet Simon although exchanged nice emails. May he rest in peace !!
My sincere condolences to his family.
To Noel many many thanks for trying to help a fellow biker buddy, very sad just after the passing of TJ.

"One Day At A Time..." that is what we should always remember and live that way, anything else is asking too much.

Franz

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Very, very sad news...

RIP Simon

All my thoughts going to his family and friends...

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Always very disturbing when a biker is taken in the prime of life. My condolences to Simons family.

Ken F

Sep 22, 2008
I never net Simon. but i'd seen him around the forum, A happy, friendly guy who loved biking. He will be missed.
My condolences to Simons family and friends.
Allan

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Friends,

Never met Simon but all my good thought to Family and Relatives, allways sad to hear.

To everyone, please take care, nothing else to say, very sad, very sad !

Nov 2, 2008
Also never had a chance to meet Simon, but our prayers are with him, his family and friends.

Unpleasant news for certain when a biker so young and full of life is lost.

Kevin

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
Davidfl wrote: Two incredibly great fun loving guys & good mates:

Pkt029159.jpg

Siinthai & TJ - now together. Unbelievable. Both very sadly missed.

I am shocked!

My deepest condolences to Simon's family. RIP mate.

..and to think i lost 2 GT Phuket friends, in such short time frame...

~joko~

p/s ...And yet again, Noel & Tina were there to help a fellow biker. God Bless you both.

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Never met Simon but always heard good things about him.

A lot of those comments and sentiments have been repeated here.

Very sad.

R.I.P.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
You know I thought about my posting "all the best to his family" not good.

But the truth is I don't have a clue what to say. We are a very small extended famly that share or lives, sometimes in person, sometime via the site. I will miss his input into the site as I had not had the pleasure to have met him yet.

Now I have another missed opportunity, to meet a fellow rider here in Thailand. That is something I cherrish. His children will not have their father for his love and guidance. His wife will not have him to be her rock in life.

Nothing I could ever say can replace that.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
What can Be Said, When Our Number is Up that's It!!! We spent Saturday the 10th of October in Hua Hin together, Nice Dinner on the Beach and a few Good Laughs, Simon was Truly Happy!!! Then the Trip down to Phuket on Sunday, Got some Photos of Him and His Africa Twin!!! Things were Looking Up for Simon and He had some Good Plans afoot and His Future Was all Bright, Work and Otherwise, Forever the Optimist :D Hard to Put into Words when I received the Calls Yesterday and as David said Unbelievable that Simon and TJ are now together, Great Mates :D
My Thoughts are with Noel and Tina in Phuket having to Deal with another Tragedy and Losing their Two Best Friends a Year apart. All the Best to You Guys, I Salute You!!! And to Simon and TJ, Gone but Never Forgotten. Catch up with You Two Later, You can't get away that easy :wink:
Simon at Our Lunch stop in Suratthani.
PhuketTrip18Small.jpg

On the Road again. The New 44 Highway back to Phuket.
PhuketTrip21Small.jpg

Simon's Final Wave :cry:
PhuketTrip22Small.jpg

Late Sunday Afternoon We Picked up Our New Dingy from Simon's Marina and this was the Last Time I ever Saw Him.
PhuketTrip23Small.jpg

"Rest In Peace Mate" I will Miss You.

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
Very very sad to hear of such a tragedy.

Condolences to Simons family and friends.

RIP Simon

scotty007

Subscribed
Feb 23, 2004
I never met Simon, but would like to extend my deepest condolences to his family and friends. RIP

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Oh no! I was reading through some of Simon's posts and didn't realize he had just bought the Africa Twin only 10 days prior to the crash. Suspicious that an experienced rider would go down that badly with no evidence of another vehicle, road hazard, in the middle of the day etc. Sounds like the bike had been sitting around un-ridden for a while. Has anyone checked it for any sort of mechanical seizure, tread separation?

Very, very sad indeed in the prime of life. Never got to meet him, but condolences to friends and family especially the kids. Tragic.