Sisaket Bike Ride Dec 23

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Well first time riding with "Locals"
we got nice group of bikes, total of 14 bikes 1 support car, just incase :lol:
got people from many corners of the world, Brits, Welsmen,Scot,Fin,Ger,Swiss,Swed and new yorker and yank.
So 14 bikes, Beemer,Odd looking Bike with German painting's, 2 platinums,Kawa D-tracker,HD and 8 Phantoms.

These guys riding with shorts and flip flops and "Filling up" before and middle and after the ride....

But really dedicated Phantom group they have but riding bit slow for me if riding whole day, our normal speed was 63-69km/h

Ok pictures.
IMG_1808.jpg

Gino from NY, he was our leader from Sisaket to Phayu
IMG_1809.jpg

German guy Tony with his speed demon bike, he got bit trouble with his bike later on the road
IMG_1810.jpg

Old german guy with his "Normal" phantom, Kawa is behind me and taking it slow on the begining.
IMG_1812.jpg

Reach the guys in Pha Yu as you can see, these guys have painted they bike on they county flags
IMG_1813.jpg

Where is this guy from :wink: he got a lot of attention on the road and i think it's only platinum who literally has been riden off the bridge and re-builded and it's back on the road, frame is bit twisted still but working.
IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Riding gear
IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

and 3rd stop on Kantaralak group,now all are here
IMG_1827.jpg

Tony noticed that something eating his back tyre and after close look he noticed that his back fender as on nutt what is craping his tyre, he is fixing it.
IMG_1828.jpg

Kawa
IMG_1829.jpg

HD
IMG_1834.jpg

Some of the riders with missuses.
IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1848-1.jpg

Reached Suan Loong farm in Nam Yuen for lunch and various drinks.
IMG_1849-1.jpg

In this time, whole fender was loosen form the nutt and tony is fixing it "again"
IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851-1.jpg

Beemers tools came handy.
IMG_1854-1.jpg

Time for re-fill and food also
IMG_1855-1.jpg

Nice and happy campers have to say, they really enjoed the ride but R2248 is so much full of potholes, it toke whole consentration to ride it safely.
IMG_1857.jpg

Final group photo after nice chat and exchanged contact details and some of the guys took of back to home andd i stick with the remaining guys back to Kantaralak and final stop there for re-re-fill
IMG_1860.jpg

As this was they first organiced tour, they are planning to organice ride now monthly or something.

and last here is little pass by riding, i speed up little head of them and took small clip, looks nice.

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/UbonM/Sisaket%20ride%20231208/?action=view&current=MVI_1841.flv

It was interesting day out, tony almost blew his back tyre up,1platinum got it's cluts cable snapt and other platinum it's one of the plastic headline fell of from vibaration.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Shaft leak is nothing to worried abt, talked abt that with guys in BMWLT pages and got valuable info and now just monitoring, nothng to worry abt.

How ever i will opening that up when i take bike in to parts, when changing slave cylinder & Cluths plate when i get them finally from Germany

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Around my place I know whcih one it is and the bv bike is perfect.

You know this is an amazing place I think you would be hard pressed to find so many Olg Gits liked all messed up phyically still riding then this small country

Aug 3, 2004
Sorry I missed you guys coming to Sisaket I am in Australia & NZ for a while, I did hear that you were coming.
I'm not surprised crazy Tony had a few bits falling off his Kawasaki 1600. The whole rear swing arm was widened to fit the fattest tyre he could get and everything had to be re fabricated to accomodate it. It was an expensive tyre so he won't be too happy if it is shot. Anyway good to see him and Gino(2 members of the so called United Knights) out riding the countryside. Hope I can be with you next time.
Cheers, Peter