Some fun in the jungle...

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Today we had the pleasure to go out riding with Darren. I used to go riding with him years ago together with Kiyo Hatori. His KTM is on hellofabike. The looks are great and when I tried it, I didn’t want to continue riding on my XR 250. That seems to be the perfect bike for around here, if you have the cash, if not stick to your XR.

The offroad tour took us around Doi Suthep and Doi Pui and the to the X-center as usual.
George had a flat tire there, but they didn’t have any tubes – so I had to run down to Mae Rim to get some spare. This is the last time I will be riding without spare tubes.

The nice thing about this area is that we’re always able to find new connecting roads or tracks. The jungle is burnt in most places and sometimes the fire is not far away. So far we’ve been lucky and always could escape the big flames.

I had some trouble with a bend gear lever and a spear-like bamboo going trough my hand protector, luckily I could pull off my hand before I got speared.

DSCF5132.jpg

DSCF5133.jpg

Huay Tung Tao Shortcut

DSCF5141.jpg

Very steep passage here….
DSCF5142.jpg

Holding on to a tree……

DSCF5143.jpg

Trying to find a new track….

DSCF5149.jpg

The great fall…….

DSCF5150.jpg

Lifting the b…. up…..

DSCF5151.jpg

Watching the spectacle…

DSCF5161.jpg

60 year old german tool

DSCF5163.jpg

Changing the tire at x-center…..

DSCF5171.jpg

Darren’s wheely…..

DSCF5172.jpg

George’s wheely…..

DSCF5176.jpg

Stuck in the salad….

DSCF5180.jpg

Bamboo spear….

DSCF5187.jpg

Underneath a tree…

DSCF5190.jpg

Almost thru…..

DSCF5191.jpg

Cheers, Darren….

DSCF5193.jpg

Another log….

DSCF5196.jpg

Don’t fall off here….

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
You guys really enjoy outdoors,,ha hill, where was "the great fall" must be picture doing tricks as it dont look so steep,but im sure it was..

fantastic clips

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Hi Marco,
thanks for your reply. The 'great fall' was just behind the 700 year stadium, there's some great offroad out there.....and yes it was damn steep. My XR ran out of juice half way up and I had to find another trail, because I couldn't manage to get up there in one piece.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
saxonator wrote: Hi Marco,
thanks for your reply. The 'great fall' was just behind the 700 year stadium, there's some great offroad out there.....and yes it was damn steep. My XR ran out of juice half way up and I had to find another trail, because I couldn't manage to get up there in one piece.
Saxonator

thats the problem with pictures,, one never can get actual steepness or real picture out of nice place,,
I tryed ofsoading my "Panzar wagen" and it was not good,, so i have to eenjoy your guys trip reports and i stick in tarmaks and sand roads..LOL

keep em' coming

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Hi Marco,

I wouldn't call it a panzer wagen, it's more like a flagship. Not exactly suited for offroad, but at the end I still remember doing some offroad with my VT 1100 Honda Shadow until I ended up with a brocken cranck housing and 20 k Baht Bill. I'm shure we gonna amuse some more in the future.

Cheers Rudi

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
This is the last part of the video compilation for this issue.

Soundtrack: Rudi Junior
Camera: Rudi Junior

Stunts and action: Charles Bronson aka George, Mahatma Skin aka Rudi and Darren aka Darren

Oct 12, 2005
Rudi - Man its been three months since I've been out trail riding cuz of the leg and seeing you boys enjoying it and having a laugh says it all. Good stuff. Glad to see Darren enjoying his new toy, certainly is a beauty. That singletrack trail from Huey Thin Tao to Mae Rim really looks dry and barren this time of year.

Thanks for posting.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Thanks for your reply. Hope you get better soon and go riding again.
Maybe one day we can do some riding together - if you don't mind old XR's.

Cheers Rudi