specifications for sprockets, chains and shockabsorbers

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Dear All, for most of us its not easy to get the right specifications for sprockets, chains and shockabsorbers, so here's some useful websites I use to determine the right partnumbers for my bikes:

sprockets (JT-made in Thailand): http://www.jomthaiasahi.com/contact.php
chains (DID worldwide-made in Thailand): http://www.didchain.com/
shockabsorbers (YSS Australia-made in Thailand): http://www.yss-australia.com/

Of course you have to scroll through the pages and get to the specifications page but it's very simple done on all 3 sites to find the right numbers for your bikes. Contacts for JT and DID I will post later on, just received Info from Daidosittipol Thailand's plant out here in Eastern Seaboard of who's their sole appointed agent in LOS, still wait for JT......good luck, Franz

Mar 21, 2007
Great info Franz,
Any info on contacts to buy chains and sprokets here?
I'm in the market for a set for my XR400

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Siinthai, just give me some more days, I'm working on reliable contacts. YSS is already described and posted in another previous posting. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Guys, one address is inhouse already for DID chains in Bangkok, their sole agent is:
SITTIPOL Co.,Ltd., 815-823 Kanok Sopa Foundation Building, New Road, Talad Noi, Bangkok
Tel: 0-2639-1919, Fax: 0-2236-8009
Web: http://www.sittipol.com/product_eng.shtml
They show to sell various automotive bulbs, IRC tyres, DENSO spark plugs, GOYA batteries, TOTAL oils, Sunstar sprockets and of course DID chains. The plant of DID is a JV between Daido Japan and Sittipol Group.
Next week I have a telefone conference with their Sales Mgr., after this I will post more.

Until today I haven't received any answer from a sprocket manufactorer DD Sprockets or "Thaisprockets.com", manufactorer of Anchor and Diastar products, 3 emails already, no replies at all, so I think we can skip their products.

Next post will be about JT sprockets & contact persons for Sittipol.

Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Sorry guys, this takes time as I'm currently busy with budgeting during the day. Today I called Khun Visit who is in charge of sales for us big bikers at Sittipol, mobile: 08-9669-9730. He informed me that they do not sell SUNSTAR sprockets anymore but all the other staff. On Monday he will send me a detailed list of their local provincial dealers which I will post, also he will EMS me some product information what is on sale for us at Sittipol, will scan it and post it. JT sprockets still have to answer my email. Same with Thaisprocket DD. Bear with me, thanks, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Here's the official answer of SITTIPOL's Mr. Visit concerning DID chains:

Thank you very much your interested our product.but now we have not chain D.I.D catalogue.and we have some model for big bike chain it is import from Japan. And Thailand the big bike are not popular now we have
520-108,110,520VM-110,120,525VM-110,116,120 Link.
And you ask me about big city (or up coutry) They have not
Chain and sprocket.
I will introduce you a big bikes partshop.
It is RED BARON BANGKOK.Tel.0-27294131-2
The owner Mr. Vikhom. he have many part.
Thank you.
The Best Regards.
Mr. Visit.

So much for us getting parts all over Thailand, so best is to contact Red-Baron in Bangkok. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Sorry guys, there's no more hope for sprockets, contacted Thaisprockets "DD" and received no answer at all. Received a very arrogant answer from JT which I don't comment here anyway, David saw it and he's the same opinion like me: forget it. So that leaves us just with the known shops and the hope they can find something that fits our needs...........

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Obviously JT read my comment above and changed their mind, got the phonenumber and name of the saleslady and will contact her within this week. further information to be expected. Cheers, Franz

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
Anyone after front or rear sprockets from JT, leave a post here, with your bike make and model/year, and the JT part number. Also write next to it the number of teeth you want just to be sure, and if you want steel or an allow, or either. I'll try to get some decent prices if I can. I'm in BKK, so if there are a bunch of you close by up in Chiang Mai, it might be better if we can work out a way to send them all up there together (EMS) so you can save on freight.

No guarantees, just leave the details above on a post or PM me and I'll see what I can do. Use JT's website below, and go to their online catalogue to check your sprocket part number.

http://www.jtsprockets.com/

Cheers.

Sep 24, 2008
hi guys JT sprockets are ok.
i have dealt with them bit. what sometimes makes me smile is because its the factory sometimes they dont have stock(its already been shipped) and have to wait for the next manufacturing run. but thats normally only a week or so.
so if interested pm me. front sprockets are from 44baht to 300 baht and rears are 160-450 but i've only ever ordered steel.

allan