Stupid question about aftermarket exhaust muffler

Nov 21, 2010
I installed my Leo Vince slip-on muffler (that I bought for my Honda CB500F) on my Kawasaki Z250. And although I love the look and the sound (not sure what the rest of the mubaan thinks of it) but I have the feeling that I did lose power in the low-end.

Am I crazy or could I be right? This morning I did put back the stock muffler and my feelings seem to be confirmed. Later today I will try the Leo Vince muffler again on the same stretch of road and see if I really notice a difference or if it is just a feeling.

Nov 21, 2010
You mean like remapping the ECU? I did read that on older models of the Ninja 250 people would rejet the carb.

When refitting it I also saw that the slip-on was actually not good tightened to the header. I did put another clamp on it and tightened better.

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks for the info, still considering if I want to go that route ... just for a better looking & lighter muffler and a bit more sound (the latter is the only thing I appreciate safety-wise). But....

The header of the CB500F was I think 45mm, the header of the Z250 is I believe 38mm. Although I was told that the same muffler is sold for the Z250 and the CB500F I start to have my doubts about that.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Have you tried it with the dB killer insert. CB500 comes with a 25mm outlet. Exhaust for Ninja also comes with 25mm outlet.

Might give you enough back pressure.

Nov 21, 2010
Yes, tried without dB killer first but now using the dB killer. With dB killers feels better indeed.