Subscribing to forums?

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
With the new software, is there any way to subscribe to various forums so that I receive an email when there are new topics? Can't find it if there is. :?:

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
wimpy wrote: With the new software, is there any way to subscribe to various forums so that I receive an email when there are new topics? Can't find it if there is. :?:

Wimpy-

I believe if you go to your "profile" and look under "preferences".. You can activate the Notify of Reply option. The way I read it, you can then select yes or no for an individual topic.[/u]

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
SilverhawkUSA wrote: [quote quote=wimpy]With the new software, is there any way to subscribe to various forums so that I receive an email when there are new topics? Can't find it if there is. :?:

Wimpy-

I believe if you go to your "profile" and look under "preferences".. You can activate the Notify of Reply option. The way I read it, you can then select yes or no for an individual topic.[/u]
Yeah, I found that. I was hoping to be able to receive an email when someone posts an entirely new topic, as was possible with the old software.

Cheers,

Has anyone found a way to be notified of new topic posts? I have only just found time to investigate why after the change to the new forum, I get no emails from GT Rider.

I realise can subscribe to various topics, but new topics I can't fathom.

I hope you all had a great Christmas by the way, and all have a great year in 2008.

If anyone is interested I got married in BKK on the 22nd Nov. Will be moving to CNX from England as soon as I can afford to. 2010 or earlier I hope

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Hi there
Notification of new posts in a Topic you have subscribed to is a part of the Board software.

Notification of new Topics in your favourite forum is not... although there is a "modification" that enables this. We will add it to the wish-list, and when time / finances permit, add this and several other useful features. Most "mods" require a skilled programmer to implement.

Cheers
Ben