Superbikes! When Britain Ruled The World - Documentary

Aug 29, 2011
Really enjoyed watching this documentary about the Superbike scene in the 90's when cool Britannia ruled the world!! Foggy was one crazy talented dude!

I slung it into dropbox & it's encoded in .avi (DivX) format, so should play on any pc or dvd player....enjoy :thumbup:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7994391/ITV.Superbikes.When.Britain.Ruled.the.World.avi

superbikes.jpg

Take a journey through a decade of World Superbike racing; a decade when riders traded blows on and off the track, the races really were elbow-to-elbow and the only things bigger than the crowds were the egos!

The 1990s really were the heyday of Superbike racing, a time when the British – and one Brit in particular – made the headlines. Now you can relive it all in action-packed footage and exclusive interviews, with an epic Britpop soundtrack.

Carl Fogarty, the four-times World Champion, James Whitham, Neil Hodgson and Frankie Chili reveal what is was like to race in these turbulent years, and what they really thought of each other and rivals like Scott Russell, Aaron Slight, John Kocinski and Anthony Gobert.

There are revelations, including Foggy admitting deliberately trying to knock a rival off and what he really thought o f the fans, stunning racing, like 1997 at Hockenheim and 1998 at Assen, plus the ‘inside line’ on a spectacular decade from commentators Julian Ryder and Keith Huewen.

The DVD also recalls the road racing days which led Foggy and others to World Championship competition, including some fierce showdowns at the Isle of Man TT, and remember the day that defines this heady chapter in World Superbike racing – the 1999 Brands Hatch meeting where 121,000 British fans cheered on their heroes.

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
Sounds very intriguing! I'm looking forward to find out what the Champions thought about each other and the fans... My connection is so poor I d'load it first, it'll take a bit over 4 hours.

Hockenheim, Assen, Isle of Man, Brands Hatch - these names are all familiar to me but I haven't heard of them in a long time.

Funny that the the picture of the bike under "When Britain ruled the world" is a Ducati!

Aug 29, 2011
KZ25;290419 wrote: Funny that the the picture of the bike under "When Britain ruled the world" is a Ducati!
haha, should say when British riders ruled the world on Italian & Japanese bikes!! lol

I think he won 3 or 4 Superbike titles on the Duke after leaving Honda.

Probably the 90's we're the last era of the sport when riders could be characters, before the media & sponsors took all the fun out of everything.

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
Also interesting is that Honda and Suzuki took on Ducati with their 1000cc versions in the late 90s but neither was successful. The VTR and the TL disappeared only a few years later while Ducati went on.

May 27, 2009
yeh what a great era.although honda was successful a couple of years later with there v-twin with colin edwards.some of the best racing ever in those days

Jul 25, 2010
This looks terrific but unfortunately I cant get sound. It is perhaps an apple mac thing?

Nov 7, 2007
ronwebb;290426 wrote: This looks terrific but unfortunately I cant get sound. It is perhaps an apple mac thing?
If you are on Mac use either VLC or MPlayerX (google them)

Jul 25, 2012
KZ25;290419 wrote:
Funny that the the picture of the bike under "When Britain ruled the world" is a Ducati!
Should've had "Rocket" Ron on his Norton! Ok, he was a champ (a Superstar to his Brit fans) the previous decade, but took to the tarmac on the rotary Norton in the early '90's, so it slips in there!

Aug 29, 2011
Sorry folks my free dropbox account is almost full. I'm going to delete the download link to make space in 24hrs from now!

This documentary is available to download from most of the big torrent sites....like the pirate bay for example.

Cheers