Tak - Trundling Around - Some Highlights.

Discussion in 'Touring Northern Thailand - Trip Reports Forum' started by DavidFL, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:11 AM.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    The GTR dinner for November was on in Tak on the last Wednesday of the month = 28 November 2018.

From Chiang Khong it was just on 500 kms ride down the main highway. Departure time from Chiang Khong was a leisurely 10AM & arrival time at the Home Inn in Tak was 4pm.

Capture.JPG
    It's not the most exciting ride in the world, but it can be good for cleaning your spark plugs perhaps.

It's a lot cooler further north, and so it was, hot & bothered I arrived in Tak at the designated hotel - the Home Inn
    DSC_0506.JPG
    only to find that there was no room at the inn for the last arrival!
    But, but I'd been the very first one to book & recommend the place to everyone else.?
    Oh well....somewhat exasperated, a lively debate followed with a satisfactory result - I finally got a room in the owners quarter's
    DSC_0493.JPG
    - a private guestroom I understood; and the old fellah was happy again.

Happy Hour was immediately underway with the Ambassador's supervision.. DSC_0494.JPG
    such was the joy & satisfaction of the location on the east bank, that the four musketeers continued on all night until 1.30AM, with no need to venture off sampling the culinary & musical delights of Tak.
    DSC_0495.JPG

To be continued..

2. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    While the jury was debating the merits of Tak & riverbank locations, some of the troops set off for a dinner rendezvous on the other side.
    It wasn't far just a ride across the upstream bridge & then make a turn. You can't go wrong.
    So the Kiwi Cruiser dined at the Lyrawadee & the others dined at the Ton Folk. Whilst google maps can be quite clear, it is important to agree clearly on the destination. Now having spent 2 nights in Tak & dining at both the Ton Folk & the Lyrawadee I can say that the Kiwi Cruiser was the clear winner in the food & ambiance stakes; however I maybe a winner with the staff at the Ton Folk.

Check out the Ton Folk & Lyrawadee here
    https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/attachments/dsc_0499-jpg.126666/

Retreating from the cross river confusion we discovered the Zinzano folk pub for some light relaxation.

dsc_0499-.

The Zinzano tried & tested, the remaining outlying troops retired back to the Home Inn where the heavy duty musketeers were still in full swing debating bikes & Tak city.

Tomorrow would be another day, moving on or trundling around Tak.

• Like Like x 1