TDM parts in Chiang Mai

helenk

Mar 26, 2005
Hi all,

I need the following for my '99 MkII TDM850, ideally in Chiang Mai:

Urgent: rear brake pads (and don't give me that stuff about only using the front brake)

Wishful: sports rack

Really wishful: hard luggage system

We're in Chiang Rai at the moment but will probably go to Chiang Mai for the weekend and stay about a week. I'm hoping that, as a last resort, I'll get the pads in Bangkok but we're not planning to go there till January and don't really want to make a special trip.

Be cool,
Dave

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Dave-

As suggested in previous posts: SAMOTO 16 Mahidol Road. Tel: 01 8238361 has had brake pads in stock for the TDM and other bikes in the past. One never knows what may be on hand however. My parts are ordered through M-Tek in Singapore. We can give you the details if you want to go this route but you would have to wait or make arrangements for shipping the items. I bought my bike 2 years ago from Red Baron in BKK, they may also be a source. Lets us know when you are in Chiang Mai and maybe we can help you more. Sports rack very doubtful, but there are people here who can make racks and do a good job.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
If you can't find any, I have a new set for a '92 MkI TDM850. If they fit, you can replace them later.

BobS

"The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not and never persist in trying to set people right."

helenk

Mar 26, 2005
Thanks chaps,

• Dave, I'm quite keen to see about getting a rack made; what's my next move?
  • Bob, generosity beyond the call of duty. I'll let you know if I have any difficulty buying some.
  • Really disappointed that nobody took the bait about only using the front brake.
Be cool,
Dave[/list]

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

Dave, I'm quite keen to see about getting a rack made; what's my next move

When you get here we'll steer you in the right direction. They will have to have the bike to fabricate something.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?