The Great Singapore Sale!!!

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
Ok maybe not so great for now. As you guys know, alot of big bikes' stuff available in Thailand are bought from Singapore.

I'll be coming to Bangkok on the 2nd Sept, 2009, gonna stay at Khao San Road, Rambutree House till the 4th, then heading down to Hatyai till 7th.

Will be taking orders for bike products from Singapore, parts, accessories, apparel, helmet, etc. Anyone interested? Items will be charged an additional(reasonable) fee on top of the cost from the shop i buy from, with proof of receipt of course. Of course i wouldn't charge for example SG$50 for a SG$5 product! This will save you guys airfare costs/shipping fees. Of course, I will need the trust that you will CONFIRM collect the item from me. Payment will be by cash on delivery, expensive items will require a security deposit of sorts. You can pay me by Thai Baht, according to prevailing market rates.

Please place your enquiries/orders below. I respond with item availability, cost plus additional fees. Orders will only be confirmed by calling me on my handphone, once i verify your name and order, and leave a contactable number as well! (for those who might call me from Skype or whatever methods that my Caller ID can't detect a number) Items to be collected at my guesthouse, due to restriction of travel. I will contact you once i reach the guesthouse! Please indicate Bkk or Hat Yai as location of pick up.

List:

nick/name/item description/size/bkk or hatyai/contact number

eg 1) superstylefactor/kyler/Brembo Racing Master Cyliner Brake/NA/bkk/+66 89 1234567

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

I can be contacted at +65 8138 0968 (KYLER). Please place your enquiries/orders fast as there is a limit to how much stuff i can bring over, as my baggage is not big! Once orders are placed and confirmed, no backing out, unless you can find another buyer, or you will be blacklisted!
 

nuwatmat

Ol'Timer
Nov 21, 2008
76
0
0
Are you going transport the stuff in your backpack ?

I want a 1800 cc honda goldwing engine what is it going to cost me ?.
NOBODY in theire right mind buys anything from a guy staying jn khao sarn road.
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
nuwatmat wrote: Are you going transport the stuff in your backpack ?

I want a 1800 cc honda goldwing engine what is it going to cost me ?.
NOBODY in theire right mind buys anything from a guy staying jn khao sarn road.
i'm just offering, if you don't want anything just keep your trap shut, no need to leave traces of your stupidity here
 

TonyBKK

Ol'Timer
Dec 27, 2007
3,854
11
38
Hey superstylefactor,

Thank you very much for offering to carry some goodies from Singapore.

I'm looking for a couple of Race Undersuits such as the Alpinestars Tech Race Undersuit or a Coolmax Race Under Suit or similar.

INWSI.jpg


One piece suit preferred but a two piece will work as well.

Not sure what's available in Singapore these days but I know some friends picked up some no name race undersuits a few months ago that were very cheap. (I think the Alpinestars suit is rather overpriced) The coolmax retails for about £38.00 in the UK and I've seen them for $50 in the US.

Anyway- if you come across some race undersuits I'd be most grateful if you could grab a couple for me in M or L size. They're feather light and won't take much space in your luggage.

I'll be happy to pay you a reasonable 'service fee' if you can bring them to Bangkok. Haven't been to Khao San in a while- will be fun to check it out.

Cheers,

Tony
0868052274
 

Franz

Ol'Timer
Jun 28, 2007
1,660
2
0
Nuwatmat & Kyler please take it easy. I understand that many of us are careful with such offers as they seem too good to be true; too many stupid spams and cheats have posted recently and have been deleted, but this one not for a reason that Admin obviously already knew.
So thanks for offering these services Kyler. Must say did only today see your post about the trip you did on the KSR, perfect !!!!! Once you do another one up to CNX, be my guest for a good dinner. Cheers, Franz
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
TonyBKK wrote: Hey superstylefactor,

Thank you very much for offering to carry some goodies from Singapore.

I'm looking for a couple of Race Undersuits such as the Alpinestars Tech Race Undersuit or a Coolmax Race Under Suit or similar.

INWSI.jpg


One piece suit preferred but a two piece will work as well.

Not sure what's available in Singapore these days but I know some friends picked up some no name race undersuits a few months ago that were very cheap. (I think the Alpinestars suit is rather overpriced) The coolmax retails for about £38.00 in the UK and I've seen them for $50 in the US.

Anyway- if you come across some race undersuits I'd be most grateful if you could grab a couple for me in M or L size. They're feather light and won't take much space in your luggage.

I'll be happy to pay you a reasonable 'service fee' if you can bring them to Bangkok. Haven't been to Khao San in a while- will be fun to check it out.

Cheers,

Tony
0868052274
alright i'll check it out for ya, i've seen quite a few around.
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
Franz wrote: Nuwatmat & Kyler please take it easy. I understand that many of us are careful with such offers as they seem too good to be true; too many stupid spams and cheats have posted recently and have been deleted, but this one not for a reason that Admin obviously already knew.
So thanks for offering these services Kyler. Must say did only today see your post about the trip you did on the KSR, perfect !!!!! Once you do another one up to CNX, be my guest for a good dinner. Cheers, Franz
thanks for the offer mate, i'll be more than glad to drop in on my bike! if all goes well, maybe the end of the year! cheers!
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
TonyBKK wrote: Hey superstylefactor,

Thank you very much for offering to carry some goodies from Singapore.

I'm looking for a couple of Race Undersuits such as the Alpinestars Tech Race Undersuit or a Coolmax Race Under Suit or similar.

INWSI.jpg


One piece suit preferred but a two piece will work as well.

Not sure what's available in Singapore these days but I know some friends picked up some no name race undersuits a few months ago that were very cheap. (I think the Alpinestars suit is rather overpriced) The coolmax retails for about £38.00 in the UK and I've seen them for $50 in the US.

Anyway- if you come across some race undersuits I'd be most grateful if you could grab a couple for me in M or L size. They're feather light and won't take much space in your luggage.

I'll be happy to pay you a reasonable 'service fee' if you can bring them to Bangkok. Haven't been to Khao San in a while- will be fun to check it out.

Cheers,

Tony
0868052274
and he who trusts shall be rewarded! 2 race undersuits on the way to bkk! see you on Tuesday Tony!
 

TonyBKK

Ol'Timer
Dec 27, 2007
3,854
11
38
Cheers Superstylefactor!

Thank you so much- I look forward to meeting you.

Your report of your 7000km adventure on your KSR from Singapore to Laos and back was fascinating! (I have yet to ride beyond Thailand, but am planning a trip to Laos in October)

Thank you again and all the best!

Tony
 

johngooding

Ol'Timer
Sep 4, 2007
1,192
15
38
Hi There,
Am I too late in the day now. I need Givi mounting rails for the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. Givi part 449FZ and Plate M5. I also need the topbox E52N Maxia, but I would think that may be a bit large for you.
I am afraid I will not be able to get to meet you, but I am hoping Tony would not mind collecting from you. I can easily pay money into his bank account and he can pay you cash. He and I will be meeting up in a couple of weeks.
Have a good trip and I too really enjoyed your trip report.
Cheers, John
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
johngooding wrote: Hi There,
Am I too late in the day now. I need Givi mounting rails for the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. Givi part 449FZ and Plate M5. I also need the topbox E52N Maxia, but I would think that may be a bit large for you.
I am afraid I will not be able to get to meet you, but I am hoping Tony would not mind collecting from you. I can easily pay money into his bank account and he can pay you cash. He and I will be meeting up in a couple of weeks.
Have a good trip and I too really enjoyed your trip report.
Cheers, John
you've got a pm!
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
thaicbr wrote: Superstyle. how much was that box you got on the ksr. can you bring one for me?
it's a modded tool box, lot's of work to be done before it can be put to work! i'm done running errands for the day though, so i guess you're kinda too late? ha...
 

thaicbr

Ol'Timer
Sep 22, 2008
199
0
0
I spotted that later on when i was reading ya thread it looks big on a KSR
it's done well though. Enjoy sunny Bangkok. Allan :D :D
 

BignTall

Ol'Timer
Oct 12, 2005
649
0
0
Hah!! Just stumbled across this offer, damn. If not too late I need a set of motocross boots.

Brand: Gaerne
model: SG10
Size: 8 U.S.
color: Black

Thanks a bunch
 

johngooding

Ol'Timer
Sep 4, 2007
1,192
15
38
May be a bit too late:
Quote from original post:

I'll be coming to Bangkok on the 2nd Sept, 2009

I was too late too, never mind I will keep an eye open next time.
 

PICO-PICO

Ol'Timer
Oct 17, 2006
604
0
0
Question= are there sidecars for sale in SG?? Or even better complete Gespanne , there is no ENglish word for bike WITH sidecar?

Might make a trip to SG very interesting.

Pico
 

Marco

Ol'Timer
Oct 15, 2006
1,690
5
38
54
Khuang Nai
PICO-PICO wrote: Question= are there sidecars for sale in SG?? Or even better complete Gespanne , there is no ENglish word for bike WITH sidecar?

Might make a trip to SG very interesting.

Pico
Pico, just something what has been circulating inside my head,, Side cars,,is your registered and fully insured??

as i re-call way back the topic from Phuket Gazzette saying that they are illegal,, so i went back to they arcade and found this

Are sidecars legal?
I have a motorbike with sidecar. I have been told that such vehicles are illegal in Thailand and that I will not be able to insure it. Is this true?

Samlor, Kata. Monday, April 23, 2001
“Yes, it is. There is no Thai law that allows a motorcycle with a sidecar to be legally registered. This means they cannot be legitimately insured.

Therefore, all motorcycles with sidecars are illegal. Motorcycles are the only two-wheel vehicles that may be legally registered and be legitimately insured.”

Monday, April 23, 2001 Somjit Boonchaoy, Phuket Provincial Transportation Office.
but then nice CORRECTING comments from "Other" police man
We don’t have a policy to stop motorcycles with sidecars, because people use them to earn a living. What we do is to compromise; we ask that owners attach a light to the front of the sidecar so that other vehicles can see them at night.”

Friday, June 29, 2001 Pol Capt Chao Pomna, Deputy Inspector for Traffic, Phuket Town Police Station.
and then comes to point,, if you buy side car from SG, would that be possible to import to thailand?

in that same Q&A in Phuket Gazzette there is an other post where man from Germany wants to import sidecar BMW to Thailand, Trasportaion officer in phuket said that they are not "qualifyd and safe" to ride in thailand, so cant be registered :shock:

So has the LAW changed since 2001? (Just a question buggering my mind)
 

PICO-PICO

Ol'Timer
Oct 17, 2006
604
0
0
yes, it seems to be the law, but because it is non-enforceable for the reason stated, I decided to go ahead nevertheless.
The Honda Silverwing I bought here in Phuket, the Harley dealer handled registration , insurance. I only hope everything is legal, it was strange that I got a Rayong not a phuket number plate.
The sidecar I imported from England, had to be left attached, was lucky to find the EZS Rally. The total cost exeeded the bike cost. 3000 GBP plus air shipment plus duties another about 160.000 b.
The import , in other word was 100% correct.

De facto --------- we have never been stopped and if so just out of curiosity for the vehicle.
We have been riding over 60.000km Phuket -up North, never South in 3 years, meaning plenty of police men noticed us.
One test is still to come, I dont know how it is called = technical report after 3rd year of the bike. We went in Chiang Mai to such place. No critical comment, only that the 3 year period will run out only next year, when I have to come back.

I have learned not to press for too many precise answers in Thailand.
Consequently somewhat against my nature , I did not seek 100% clarification on what if .........insurance questions.
However, to prevent the worst of the worst I took out a bail insurance, cheap.

Pico
 

Marco

Ol'Timer
Oct 15, 2006
1,690
5
38
54
Khuang Nai
PICO-PICO wrote: yes, it seems to be the law, but because it is non-enforceable for the reason stated, I decided to go ahead nevertheless.
The Honda Silverwing I bought here in Phuket, the Harley dealer handled registration , insurance. I only hope everything is legal, it was strange that I got a Rayong not a phuket number plate.
The sidecar I imported from England, had to be left attached, was lucky to find the EZS Rally. The total cost exeeded the bike cost. 3000 GBP plus air shipment plus duties another about 160.000 b.
The import , in other word was 100% correct.

De facto --------- we have never been stopped and if so just out of curiosity for the vehicle.
We have been riding over 60.000km Phuket -up North, never South in 3 years, meaning plenty of police men noticed us.
One test is still to come, I dont know how it is called = technical report after 3rd year of the bike. We went in Chiang Mai to such place. No critical comment, only that the 3 year period will run out only next year, when I have to come back.

I have learned not to press for too many precise answers in Thailand.
Consequently somewhat against my nature , I did not seek 100% clarification on what if .........insurance questions.
However, to prevent the worst of the worst I took out a bail insurance, cheap.

Pico
Hi Pico

yes i know you been riding looong time with it, with out any problems.
i wondering why it's not legal in Thailand as it's common in western world, but i guess it's one of those "Thai style" thing's.

it should be legal as it's very safe(when done Properly) an comfortable way or trasportation. (Sorry to jump out from the topic) :oops:
 

PICO-PICO

Ol'Timer
Oct 17, 2006
604
0
0
Marco the definition of Amazing Thailand is= Never wonder about wonders. Wonders are never logic.

Indeed , I feel saver than on 2 wheels, sand / oil are not as much a threat.
Breaking is never a problem, going extremely slow never requires dismounting.

Having said that, my damn close call accident happened in an even safer vehicle=
A FAT MERCEDES

Still, I dont have a car, I dont want a car

I believe there is potentially a big market for sidecars
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
BignTall wrote: Hah!! Just stumbled across this offer, damn. If not too late I need a set of motocross boots.

Brand: Gaerne
model: SG10
Size: 8 U.S.
color: Black

Thanks a bunch
hmm... i could help you to check it out, now that i've established contact with Tony! ha... if anything, i'll probable deal with ya through him. update again!
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
PICO-PICO wrote: Question= are there sidecars for sale in SG?? Or even better complete Gespanne , there is no ENglish word for bike WITH sidecar?

Might make a trip to SG very interesting.

Pico
nope, not really, i've only seen a couple of vespas and harleys with custom sidecars during bike shows, and cubs with those huge sidecars for carrying goods, other than that, sidecars aren't legal here
 

superstylefactor

Active Member
Aug 24, 2009
37
0
0
and i'm just back from thailand, had a great meet up and chat with Tony! Nice ride you got there mate, really a head-turner with that endcan! enjoy your under suit yeah?

and for those who missed this round, do feel free to let me know if you're interested in any stuff, i'll check the prices and shipping and get back to you here. will try to post up postal rates for the benefit of all
 

TonyBKK

Ol'Timer
Dec 27, 2007
3,854
11
38
Been meaning to say a big THANK YOU to superstylefactor for bringing me those undersuits. When I saw they were XL I thought they'd be way to big, but turns out they are a PERFECT fit!

Enjoyed meeting you superstylefactor- anyone who can ride a KSR from Singapore to Laos and back is worth getting to know!

Hope we can hook up for a ride some day.

Happy Trails!

Tony