The Hmong Pakhia side trip

Feb 14, 2007
Date: 29.7.2007
The Way: Mae Na - Checkpoint - Hmong Pakhia - Mae Na
Distace: 47km.
Total time: 3h (Hmong Pakhia - Mae Na 50min.)
Riders: thailasse and three thaillasses friends
Bikes: 4 x Honda AX-1

Guide Book: A Motorcycle Guide To The Golden Triangle, David Unkovich
Map: Mae Hong Son The loop

Pics: Lasse's Paradise- www.saunalahti.fi/lassek1/

The Hmong Pakhia is exellent dirt road for dirt road fan.

Route 107 - Checkpoint 16km. You can find this singboard 4.7km before Chiang Dao.

13_G_002.jpg

14_G_002.jpg

15_G_002.jpg

18b.jpg

20b.jpg

thailasse rideing

21b.jpg

exellent dirt road, we love it

17_G_001.jpg

18_G_001.jpg

Checkpoint and Finnish flag

19_G_002.jpg

Way to Hmong Pakhia

24_G_002.jpg

25_G_002.jpg

Happy riders

22b.jpg

24b.jpg

Nice dirt again

25b.jpg

31_G_001.jpg

Ban Hmong Pakhia

30_G_001.jpg

32_G_001.jpg

Bign Tall, we don't forget take fuel.. :D

28b.jpg

The village people

29b.jpg

Back to Mae Na

35_G.jpg

36_G.jpg

37_G.jpg

Reactions: DavidFL
Oct 12, 2005
Thailasse - Thanks a heap for posting your report on this website. Its refreshing to see riders coming into South East Asia, getting info from the web site and in return giving back with a report of their travels. Thank you.

The area surround Chiang Dao is some of the most scenic you'll find in northern Thailnd with the limestone karsts and thick jungle. Glad you guys got to experience it and enjoy the ride.

You had me laughing when I saw your picture taking on gas :D . Good on you.

Pics look fantastic. Great stuff.

Jun 21, 2006
thailass, greAt stuff, nice to see that area in photos, i havent seen any from there before. from pakhia there are routes to take you all the way into the sop-kai maung khong trail if you fancied an extension in that particular area.
let us know when you are next in the area and we will muppetize you!

Feb 14, 2007
honda honky wrote: there are routes to take you all the way into the sop-kai maung khong trail if you fancied an extension in that particular area.
let us know when you are next in the area and we will muppetize you!
Hello honda honky nice to meet you in GT-Rider forum :D

Last hollyday 06/08 we check with my friends the Sop Kai loop and the Muang Khong side trip. I write later this days some little trip report and posting some pics also.

Heh great! :D I try come next time in North Thailand 05/09 and I let you know (of course Bign Tall also!!) days when I arrive to Chiang Mai.

Oct 12, 2005
I try come next time in North Thailand 05/09 and I let you know
This sounds like a recipe for a fun riding group that enjoy seeing the backroads of Thailand. Hopefully we can put together a fun ride for your return.

Keep on posting, great stuff.

Feb 14, 2007
BignTall wrote:

This sounds like a recipe for a fun riding group that enjoy seeing the backroads of Thailand. Hopefully we can put together a fun ride for your return.

Keep on posting, great stuff.
Bign Tall, you listen all right. I plan a one day trip from Chiang Mai and I hope I can see Bign Tall on the road a fun. But first I must return to Chiang Mai and North Thailand. :wink:

Ps. Bign Tall, this is two You Tube-videos from Hmong Pakhia side trip. I', sorry we speak videos only Finnish language.

Reactions: DavidFL