The Reopening of Chiang Mai and Travel Insurance

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Hi All,
I keep reading forums such as this one and Aseannow. Lots of speculation especially the later about timing and just how it might work. I’ve realised it’s all about timing, if and when things start to open and people can move around again. Whenever that happens to be. Double vaxxed will be essential. But I alway end up with one underlying question, what about travel/health insurance. Will it be affordable, available. What will be written around Covid-19. There’s hundreds of scenarios one could imagine. It all turns to custard whilst you’re away and can’t get home, compulsory quarantine get reintroduced……. Vaccine passports…..vaccine recognition…
Anyone have an insight on how the insurance aspect might pan out.
Cheers Wazza
It’s becoming a long wait.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The broker we recommend & use for GTR insurance is Cnx Insure.

The person to contact about covid insurance is Ms Mon.

Nathamon Somsri
[email protected]

Last edited:

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Thanks David,
How is life in general in northern Thailand.? You still seem to be busy wearing out Stroms?
What restrictions are there and when might you see any of these taper off and things open up, covid normal?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thanks David,
How is life in general in northern Thailand.? You still seem to be busy wearing out Stroms?
What restrictions are there and when might you see any of these taper off and things open up, covid normal?

It will start to open up "fast" when it does, before everything crumbles & turns to ashes 'n dust. 55
Personally I'm not looking for much entering or crossing borders this year.
It will be inconvenient to travel internationally - too many restrictions I reckon, but we can only wait and see.
Internally you have been able to ride just about everywhere in Thailand, unrestricted for a couple of months, as I have done.
For crossing borders, getting back into Thailand will be much harder than getting out & into the country next door I feel.
I will wait until the situation has stablized, because I fear going to Laos, or anywhere in the region too soon, & getting caught in another lockdown, where you can't get back into Thailand. And that may cost you big time. The danger of testing asymptomatic somewhere & having to pay for an "unnecessary" quarantine should also be a concern.
So whatever you do make sure you have some decent insurance that can help you.

Mon at Cnx Insure is great delivers

Nathamon Somsri
[email protected]

Reactions: rosmoe

Jimenator

Ol'Timer
Jul 5, 2016
Thailand
I don't know where you get the idea that entering into Laos or any neighboring country will be easier than getting back into Thailand. Thailand is the only country even somewhat open, and neighboring countries have had much stricter lockdowns. If anything, you can forget about getting into Laos.

Reactions: Ian Bungy

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I don't know where you get the idea that entering into Laos or any neighboring country will be easier than getting back into Thailand. Thailand is the only country even somewhat open, and neighboring countries have had much stricter lockdowns. If anything, you can forget about getting into Laos.

Lets wait & see.