GT Rider Motorcycle / Health Insurance

Dave J

Mar 25, 2023
Wow! What a story and recovery. Your heart and will seem to be in the right place, and gotten you back to the joy of riding.
I've never understood the vocabulary of insurance too well. I'll check in with Mon at cnx and get some suggestions. Are you happy with your current coverage? Thanks for sending your policy.
Is the GTR Group Health Insurance good and available for 68/72 y olds? Seems to be the inevitable cost of getting older - insurance is getting tougher to get...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
As the oldest member of the GTR GRoup Health Insurance Policy, I will be 70 at the end of this year, & have started to look for alternative policies should I be refused coverage at renewal time in September.
The recommendation from Thai health was to swap over direct to a Wealthy Healthy Policy

The premium I pay now in the group health insurance is 47,804 Baht for 1.2 million coverage, with a 600,000 baht maximum pay out per claim.
A similar premium in the "old age" Wealthy Healthy policy = WH3000 / 690,000 baht maximum pay out a year.

Lets see what we can turn up.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Yes, I doubt if anyone is happy with a second consecutive 25% increase.
I have queried this & a complaint has been made to Thai Health, none of the increase is due to our broker.
Sadly, there maybe better options out there now for everyone.
Would all members of the policy please contact me to jointly explore other options.
Yes, up 25%. Looking for an alternative.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
For those who maybe like myself, approaching 70, the option I am going for is lower coverage = what I can afford.
I cant afford the 63,324 baht premium with my current financial status.
I will take either Plan 1 EH3000 (600,000 baht max) @ 32,009 baht or Plan 3 / EH4000 (800,000 baht max) @ 42,464 baht.
I am also seeking another accident insurance policy, that may assist as well.

We currently have 5 people renewing their group insurance.

Reactions: Tejas Barc

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I chose plan 4 last year and will most likely go again
Yes, what I found at my age, when you look around the premiums are all very high & so the group one is still reasonable value.
Any new individual policies will need health checks ups & I'm on the standard old age medication - blood pressure & cholesterol - nowadays.
Some additional accident insurance maybe a good idea, to use for "small accidents" & not claim on the main health policy.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Time is winding down guys.
For those people who indicated to me that they will renew and pay, you need to complete the consent form sent out plus pay your premium for the desired coverage
For myself I will renew at the lowest coverage this time round, due to financial constraints.
From what I understand with most guys in the policy, everyone except maybe one person will renew. Sadly it is what it is with premium increase and insurance companies looking to maximise profit.
The group policy is renewed one time, as a group, when all the premiums are in; so if you're taking your time and wish to renew please do so asap, preferably before the 20th if possible.
Individual premiums are not remitted as they come, but are remitted one time as a group.
We need to wrap it up as one.
Many thanks.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
For those happy with the contact & service provided by Mon, please note she is now going solo with her own insurance business.
Her contact email is
[email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Matte

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi Dave
Gday & welcome to GTR.
I just renewed my bike insurance via Mon.
[email protected]
View attachment 151128
The cost was 2700 baht a year.

The GTR Group Health Insurance we have is also via Mon.
She speaks good English & is able to answer all your questions promptly.

See also my recent accident report & how the insurance worked out,

Re confirmation of a recommended 3rd party insurance via Mon.
I've insured my latest Vstrom as per

1706015782288.jpeg

Last edited: