GT Rider Motorcycle / Health Insurance

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
If you have not renewed your GTR Thai Health Insurance yet & wish to do so. Cnx Insure have advised to pay into this bank account

WARATCHAYA CHAIWUT
Bangkok Bank Ltd
390-4-68587-6

Thai Health are in agreement with this process.
For more information please contact

Nathamon Somsri
[email protected]

If you wish to increase your coverage outside the GTR Policy please contact Mon or Andy @ Cnx Insure.
Nathamon Somsri [email protected]
Andy Williams [email protected]
Phone: +66870520389

Many thanks to those people have remained in the GTR Group Policy with Thai Health.
We have no complaints with any members who opted for greater coverage with Cnx Insure, as we researched to help GT Riders enjoy a better quality of life in the future.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The new appointed broker is Cnx Insure in Chiang Mai.

The contacts are
Andy Williams [email protected]
Phone: +66870520389

Other Insurance
Cnx Insure offer a range of insurance suitable for expats -Motorcycle, PA Personal Accident & Travel insurance.

Motorcycle Insurance: GTR personally uses Cnx Insure for his bike insurance. Having the highest 3rd party bail bond policy, that can help get you out of trouble, plus assist pay for damages - vehicle and physical - to the other party, as well as yourself. You never know when something nasty could happen, for which responsibility maybe unclear & it is important to protect yourself. It is the minimum you should have if you are riding around. The policy is cheap & highly recommended.

Personal Accident Insurance
If you don't have or can't afford health insurance, try some personal accident insurance, that can help greatly in an emergency.

Travel Insurance
Once the borders open up again, some good travel insurance, can also cover you for covid & quarantine perhaps' plus help secure you're visa for re-entry into Thailand.

Insurance covering $100,000 USD and covid
A simple and easy option is travel insurance

Accepted by Thai immigration
Choose the duration of your cover
No medical questionnaire
Policy and covid certificate issued the same day

The insurer is ACS who are based in France
150,000 Euros Minimum coverage
Reputable insurer (underwritten by Allianz)
Easy to deal with when it comes to claims

The premium is approximately 70 to 80 Euros per month.

Travel Insurance Medical Coverage
View attachment 143278

In these difficult times it maybe better for those who can afford it to move to better coverage.
The Cnx Insure health policy certainly delivers.

If times are tough & your cash flow is negligible, then you can stay with the GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
At this stage of the game, I will continue with the maximum coverage in GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
EH1200 @ 36,596.00 baht; what I can afford at the moment, & hope for the best!

I trust this info is useful & a help for everyone.
There is no compulsion to choose one policy or the other.
PLease yourself which coverage you use, but at least get a policy.
Don't ride around uninsured.
Let us know how you go.

Bump for Wazza. Contact Mon for some Covid Insurance options.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hello David, I entually got my health insurance trough this group. I feel its good value for what you get so I want to thank you for all the work you do on behalf of the members setting this up...Colin

Welcome. We've got look after each other & help out when we can.
Mon @ Cnx Insure is a gem of a lady, plus rides a bike as well. One of us. She can fix most insurance issues if you ask.
[email protected]

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A quick update. The GTR Group Health Insurance works for re-entry into Thailand, where they currently require covid-19 insurance coverage to enter the country.
I will post a copy of the coverage certificate once I get mine in a few days.

1653647681417.png

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Thank you I will contact soon
for my re entry in Thailand.
I will say GT rider let me know about this insurance.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Big Bike Insurance

Working my way through the aftermath of the accident - insurance, bills and recovery.

The 3rd party bike insurance I had with Thai Sri covered me for 200,000 baht damages to the other vehicle.
Negotiations were completed today at the CK police station & Thai Sri has agreed to pay out. The final definitive cost has yet to be decide, but is hovering on 200,000 baht. Anymore than this and it is my bill.
So time for a bike insurance upgrade I thought.
With the most options & very competitve prices, the Roojai broker would seem to be the way to go.

Compulsory Motorcycle Insurance in Thailand

Compulsory Motorcycle Insurance, also known as “Por Ror Bor” is mandatory insurance required by law for all motor vehicles within Thailand. This is to provide insurance coverage for everyone affected by motorcycle accidents, regardless of whether the person is a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian. In the cases that involve a loss of life or body parts or health damage including the deceased person’s heir will also be covered, in the case of death.

Basic Por Ror Bor Insurance coverage

If there is an accident, the driver can claim compensation if injured, but will not cover the motorcycle damage. The details are as followings:

Death, loss of vital organ, and permanent disability = up to ฿35,000
Medical expenses = up to ฿30,000

Coverage by which the driver is not at fault

Compensation can be claimed as following details:

Death and permanent disability = up to ฿300,000
Medical expenses = up to ฿80,000
Daily compensation = ฿200 per day (up to 20 days) up to ฿4,000
Loss of 2 body parts = ฿300,000 / loss of 1 body part = ฿250,000 / loss of a finger or more = ฿200,000

To upgrade, these are the options.

Voluntary Motorcycle Insurance

Voluntary motorcycle insurance in Thailand is optional insurance, not required by Thai law. Depending on the coverage type, it may cover damage to the insured vehicle whether the driver is at fault or not, damage to third party vehicle if the driver of the insured vehicle is at fault, liability for injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident where the driver is at fault, loss of or damage to the vehicle through theft, fire or natural disaster. Voluntary motorcycle insurance is divided into 5 categories as followings:

Type 1
Comprehensive Big Bike insurance, which covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault in case of accident, fire, theft, or natural disaster as well as liability to third parties (property damage and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.

Type 2
Covers damage to the insured vehicle only in case of fire and theft and covers liability to third parties (property damage and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.

Type 2+
Covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault provided another identified vehicle has been involved in the accident as well as damage caused by fire, theft, or flood. It also covers liability to third parties (property damage and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.

Type 3
Only covers the liability to third parties (property damage and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.

Type 3+
Covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault, provided another identified vehicle has been involved in the accident. It also covers liability to third parties (property damage and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.

Another insurance guideline

Last edited:

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
Like all insurance companies the details are in the fine print, I tried to insure my X-Max with Roojai a few years ago and they wouldn't insure, I see now they will.

And you find out how good they are after an incident.

I just did an online quote looking at the details of each option, unless you select manually the excess starts at 50k baht, they value my bike at 80k baht.........................my premium quoted started at 7100 baht, after increasing each option to max cover it went up over 10k baht, so still self insuring atm.

BTW my Honda NC750X is insured with Roojai, has been for a few years, I just renewed recently and I see they have halved the value of my bike, replacement value has been 350k baht for the last 2 years, this year it is valued at 175k, although the premium is similar as last year though.

Surprised Thailand dont seem to have a company like Shannons (Australia) where you can agree on value of your bike, and insure accessories, and they even replace motorcycle clothing if you have an accident and its damaged.

Lakota

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Oct 10, 2011
Roojai have undervalued My AT on the second year renewal. Makes no sense. A lesser model has more value.

I found Mr Prakan Brokers better and will go with them next time. You can also speak to a Person. Via Email rather than doing it all online.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Roojai have undervalued My AT on the second year renewal. Makes no sense. A lesser model has more value.

I found Mr Prakan Brokers better and will go with them next time. You can also speak to a Person. Via Email rather than doing it all online.

Yes Mr Prakarn was great a couple of years ago too.
It must be time to back & visit their site also.