The search for a Ténéré 700

Desmocrat

Subscribed
Mar 1, 2021
Meuang Loei
Where is the best place to start my hunt for a Yamaha Tenere 700? The BMW is a good bike, but a bit heavy and not a fan of the small amount of parts/service centers in Thailand. Unless a Honda Transalp materializes in the next few months, I am hunting for a T7. Can any Yamaha center order one of these for me or do I need to go to one of the big bike dealers? I would consider a VERY lightly used bike as well (like less than 3,000-4,000km).

Reactions: Eoin Christie

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
They are listed on the Yamaha website at 439,000 THB
Seems only BKK, CNX Korat and Phuket have dealers.
Facebook marketplace has a few - mostly new

Last edited:

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
My experience when it comes to service:
CRF250L, Any Honda scooter shop. Quick, cheap and ok service. Over 110k km.
Valkyrie F6, Red Baron BKK, Expensive, but quality in everything they do. Over 200k km.
AT, No F idea. :p

Desmocrat

Subscribed
Mar 1, 2021
Meuang Loei
Tenere was found and purchased about a month ago. Doing all the mods now to it now to make it my own. I have found sources for parts and consumables. Nice that Yamaha make the service manuals available for free (why don't all manufacturers do this?) so plan to do most all of my service. And to Oddvar, I do have a CRF300L which is super easy to work on and yes, parts and supplies are available everywhere. I love that bike. I ride it everywhere, the Yamaha is for when I want to go further afield.

Reactions: DavidFL