The Sop Kai loop, The Pha Bo Jun side trip

Feb 14, 2007
The Sop Kai loop, The Pha Bo Jun side trip
Date: 11.06.2008
The Way: Chiang Mai - Mae Malai - Sop Poeng - Sop Kai - Muang Khut - Mae Ta Man - Pha Bo Jun - Mae Malai - Chiang Mai
Route: 107 - 1095 - 107
Distance: 146.5km.
Total time: 1 day
Riders: thailasse and four thaillasses friends
Bikes: 5 x Honda AX-1

This route and the day was really nice, one of the best days of the last trip. Stunning scenery and interesting route. Here are a few picture of our little adventure day and also one of the You Tube -video.

Map: Mae Hong Son The loop
Guidebook: A Motorcysle Guide To The Golden Triangle, David Unkovich

The Pics:
Lasse's Paradise
http://www.saunalahti.fi/lassek1

The Sop Kai loop - You Tube video.

Mae Malai, drinking break

66_G.jpg

Dirt road near Ban Sop Poeng

70_G.jpg

78_G.jpg

73_G.jpg

75_G.jpg

86_G.jpg

89_G.jpg

Me Mong Ngoa

98_G.jpg

87_G.jpg

Near Ban Sop Kai

94_G.jpg

Ban Sop Kai

99_G.jpg

Ban Sop Kai, drinking break

107_G.jpg

104_G.jpg

108_G.jpg

106_G.jpg

Beautiful Mae Nam Taeng

103_G.jpg

105_G.jpg

Rain began

126_G.jpg

125_G.jpg

Nice dirt road

128_G.jpg

Little river crossing

121_G.jpg

122_G.jpg

Mae Taman elephants

131_G.jpg

129_G.jpg

133_G.jpg

Mae Nam Taeng again

136_G.jpg

Near Ban Pha Bo Jun

137_G.jpg

Ban Pha Bo Jun

138_G.jpg

141_G.jpg

Jungle trail little out of Pha Bo Jun

140_G.jpg

Back to Mae Taman, this scenery is near to Pha Bo Jun

142_G.jpg

Lunch break near Mae Taman

146_G.jpg

148_G.jpg

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Hi Lasse

So FINNISH Mafia is on the roads now already,, good one and nice pictures,,,
im heading to Udon on 22nd few i dont know few days,, when you guys are in KK area? i gonna drop by there just to say hello for you guys....

Feb 14, 2007
Marco wrote:

So FINNISH Mafia is on the roads now already,, good one and nice pictures,,,
im heading to Udon on 22nd few i dont know few days,, when you guys are in KK area? i gonna drop by there just to say hello for you guys....
Heh, thanks Marco.

We arrival in Khon Kaen 12.5 and we are there for only one day, evening and night. The next evening, we have already in Chiang Mai. 28.5 we go back to Khon Kaen and stay there a one week.

Oct 12, 2005
Thailasse - great stuff. Next time if you're interested continue on north out of Sop Kai on the east side of the river, you can get to Muang Kuong on a nice off road trail.

Are you guys coming back in 09? Hope to cross paths with you and your crew again.

Feb 14, 2007
BignTall wrote: Thailasse - great stuff. Next time if you're interested continue on north out of Sop Kai on the east side of the river, you can get to Muang Kuong on a nice off road trail.

Are you guys coming back in 09? Hope to cross paths with you and your crew again.
Hello " i know you" BignTall :D

We ride Muang Khut loop 2007, wait a one moment... :wink:

BignTall, we arrival Chiang Mai 13.5 wednesday evening at 08.20. (Air Asia)

14.5 thursday morning we rent five KLX and about at 10:00 we start and go to the Doi Inthanon loop. You are very welcome to ride with us this day!

15.5 friday morning at 08:00 we start and go to the "temple loop", CNX - Mae Win -Wat Luang Khun Win - Samoeng - Wat Doi Pha Som - Pa Pae - CNX. Same, about five KLX go to this loop and you are very welcome to ride with us!

16.5 I and two my friend we ride out of Chiang Mai, we riding ten days in North Thailand. If you want to ride some route with us, you are very welcome too.

BignTall, if you are interested come on 13.5 Wednesday evening about at 10:00 S & T Bar and Restaurant at Moon Muang Road. If you arrive at the S & T Bar so I would like to provide you with the beer.
Miguels 2nd branch opening on the Lamphun Road at Nong Hoi
http://www.mapjack.com/?dtYyUTZeacfEQDhA

Best regards: Lasse