The SSR Hooligans North Thai Trip 23-26 July 2010.

Dec 27, 2007
Linds wrote: Tony, here`s a camera for you, check out the link ;
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/Ro ... ard+camera

Don`t know if its available for commoners or its just for `Super Heroes` :happy2:
Wow that's too cool!!! That was taken when he was riding with the broken leg?! Rossi is amazing! I'm at a loss for words!

Well, until that super cool gyro-cam becomes available to the public I'll have to settle for the GoProHD:
[youtube:9u6g9ss2] /youtube:9u6g9ss2]

Ride On!

Tony

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Guys, Sorry to miss you on this trip, things kept me in Khon Kaen when you were out on the road. Thanks to the posters of the trip reports, enjoyed reading them, second best to being there of course , but still great to get a flavour of the trip. All reports I have heard and chatting up in CM with some of your riding mates, sounds like a great atmosphere, not dampened by the elements, a real high energy fun time. Hope to catch up with you on the next one. SSR seem to have created a real good impression up here in CM. Cheers, John

Dec 27, 2007
johngooding wrote: Hi Guys, Sorry to miss you on this trip, things kept me in Khon Kaen when you were out on the road. Thanks to the posters of the trip reports, enjoyed reading them, second best to being there of course , but still great to get a flavour of the trip. All reports I have heard and chatting up in CM with some of your riding mates, sounds like a great atmosphere, not dampened by the elements, a real high energy fun time. Hope to catch up with you on the next one. SSR seem to have created a real good impression up here in CM. Cheers, John
Cheers John- yes good fun and we're already starting to plan our next trip over the long holiday weekend in August and hope you can join us for some or all of that adventure. We're talking about Loei and Petchabun since we weren't able to get there on this last trip on account of the accursed VFR :wtf: Now GerkHard has bought Johnny's GSXR K8 so this next time we'll be chasing him instead of him chasing us :happy5:
Dunno if the SSR Hooligans make a good impression or a bad impression, but without a doubt we do make an impression! :take-that:
Happy Trails!
Tony

Sep 4, 2007
TonyBKK wrote:
Cheers John- yes good fun and we're already starting to plan our next trip over the long holiday weekend in August and hope you can join us for some or all of that adventure. We're talking about Loei and Petchabun since we weren't able to get there on this last trip on account of the accursed VFR :wtf: Now GerkHard has bought Johnny's GSXR K8 so this next time we'll be chasing him instead of him chasing us :happy5:

Tony
I would love to join you for the Loei trip, especially as it is in my North Eastern back yard, if that makes sense (I now have a North back yard as well).
I will check up on SSR and when the trip firms up will post my intentions. (round about page 27 if recent trip threads are a guide) :lol-sign:
Cheers, John

dunder

Jul 26, 2010
[youtube:3rzhawly] /youtube:3rzhawly]

Unfortunately I had to change the music track due to youtubes copyright policy..The overall quality is lower than my other uploads.. But hey - here is my contribution from this trip.. No Crash though:)

It was great meeting all of you GT-rider dudes.. Hope I'll see you soon again

Cheers,
Dunder

Dec 27, 2007
Here's a fun vid of me trying (and for the most part failing!) to keep up with Luke on his DRZ 400 :lol-sign:
He carries amazing speed into the corners while I must confess I'm a bit more cautious (chicken?) :mrgreen: and my ~180 Hp was no match for his fearless riding.
Awesome!
[youtube:2o8kht3i] /youtube:2o8kht3i]
Happy Trails!
Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Wow Tony & Johan, perfect videos !! Love the sound of the Gixxer from the cam micro..... :mrgreen: . Still wait for Dunder's "corrupted" slide video .... regards, Franz

Jun 21, 2006
Tony, great camera angle. very motogp! looks like you found one of the only bits of dry road we came across for the video there! 555!

and my ~180 Hp was no match for his fearless riding
didnt help me much on the last straight there though!
Like franz said, the sound omitted by that 1000cc monster is quite simply awesome!! and you feel reverberate all through your body when it comes flyign past!! :happy4:

Dec 27, 2007
So we told Gerkhard that the VFR is on our shitlist and he must find something a bit more reliable.

Here she is!

[youtube:2dfxz1uh] /youtube:2dfxz1uh]

Can't wait for the next ride!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Apr 20, 2009
That last video was so hilarious, you guys are so funny. I really wish I could have made the ride last weekend, but all the great pics and videos make up for it a little. Thanks for all the laughs.

Snail

Subscribed
Nov 2, 2005
Cnx
Sitting here on a cold rainy night in a over regulated nanny state of Oz reading this report has been a nice break from the riding misery one has to suffer down here. Brilliant report and looks like it was so much fun!! Something you are not allowed to have here.
Very enjoyable reading and look forwards to seeing more like this. Looks like Luke needs the pesky 998 Ducati back to keep him honest and in his place lol :happy4: