The TJ - John Hamilton Memorial Ride - The Mae Hong Son Loop

Oct 17, 2006
Just a suggestion .....
5-8th December a load of people from all over will be in CM for bike week and touring around ...why not make it at around that time say the 9th then lots of guys from the south and Issan will certainly join.

Jerry

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
monsterman wrote: Just a suggestion .....
5-8th December a load of people from all over will be in CM for bike week and touring around ...why not make it at around that time say the 9th then lots of guys from the south and Issan will certainly join.

Jerry
Jerry
Too late, we're locked in. Dec 12-13-14 it is.

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Hi guys

Apologies - I've been too busy to read the board for weeks and weeks...

I think Rex & I may be off to MHS on Monday for a reconnaissance ride :) because I'd like to take a look at the Thung Buatong sunfowers - i missed out last year.

However, although I did not have the pleasure of making TJ's acquaintance, I'd like to participate on the ride in mid-Dec, if there's a spare bed and a slot in the parade etc.

Cheers

Ben

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Happy Feet wrote: David, Palm house is 600bht for air conditioned rooms and 400bht for non air
I can't imagine we will need aircon.
Yes agreed we should not need aircon. I just stayed in MHS at the Piya Ghouse in the aircon room & certainly did not use the aircon at night. But it does warm up very quickly in the cloudless bright sunny afternoons.

At the Palm indeed they do have fan rooms with aircon, but when you phone to book they say all rooms have aircon & they dont "sell fan rooms" for 400 baht. Only take bookings for aircon rooms @ 600 baht. Whatever.
I suspect when we get there they might agree to 400 baht for fan rooms, but it is high season & rooms are hard to get.

Now onto Pai I tried to book rooms at the Tamarind Ghouse - he had 10 rooms on Dec 12 for 400-600-800 baht, but will only take cash bookings = pay up front.
It is high season & both Pai & MHS are full of Thai tourists with rooms at a premium.

So if you want a confirmed room in Pai it's time to put money up front. Otherwise you will have to ride around & find your own room when you get there.
On Wed 3rd Dec I will ring Pai, pay & make a bank transfer to confirm the rooms.

So it's time to make your water tight commitments gents. From what I can gather the line up could be.
1. Davidfl
2. Scotty007
3. Siinthai
4. Bungy
5. Happy Feet
6. Silverhawk
7. Tom Forde
8. SEO Guy
9. Moto-Rex
10. Warm 'n Dry
11. Dad
12. Monsterman
13. Chiangmairich
14. Gobs?
15. Jimoi?
16. JohnnyE?

Please PM / email me for bank account details to make a deposit & confirm you're in.
We only need pay up front for Pai. A room at 400-600-800 baht.
MHS is ok, pay when we get there, but I have only booked 6 rooms so far.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Good news for me as I'll be more likely to be able to make it. If I can request, the best period in January for me, a mere working mortal, would be anytime between monday 12/1 and friday 23/1.

Could I also suggest seeing as how there's likely to be a large bunch of GT-Riders at the X-Centre this coming saturday that we wang around the Samoeng loop in Johnno's honour? The Triumph party starts at 4pm so maybe leave 2pm or so?

Cheers,

Pikey.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi David,

I just come back on this thread, sorry...
Please, don't take me in account. I explained already that a "hypothetic" phone call from Europe will command me to fly over back to there in a hurry for some weeks for a very important affair. Maybe tomorrow as well in two weeks or one month... I really don't know.
So I prefer not to make me in any commitment untill I will be back here...

I just hope that in january or february I shall feel free from this... But I don't even know...

:roll:

Have a nice ride, all, in memory of TJ.
For this time I shall follow you on the GT board...

Cheers,
Gobs

Oct 17, 2006
I may start to ride up on Friday 5th but I cannot commit and will have to take a chance on rooms David.as I have to remain flexible regarding wether I have to return home.

jerry

Mar 21, 2007
Better late than never....
I'm in for January , probably work better for most with current situation, hopefully things will have calmed down a bit by then.
Cheers,
Si

Oct 17, 2006
Damn I am on my way now ...oh well i will meet up with you CM boys anyway and look around the north on my own.

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
I'm unable to join now. Pikey will act as my proxy and drink the beers I would have.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
jimoi wrote: I'm unable to join now. Pikey will act as my proxy and drink the beers I would have.
Err, OK Jimbo! So here is what "we" have done so far. Last sunday night big charity donation of warm clothes & blankets to the hilltribe people organized by a local chopper club called "The Chrome Devils" - the collection point was a great party with prob 200+ riders, a band + coyotes = big sanuk!

Yesterday "we" went to the X-Centre (khun Bungy's place) and together with us local boys, we met with a bunch of GT-Riders from out of CNX, - TonyBKK, NakedXj1300, John Gooding, Marco & Dougal - all fine chaps and you would have approved. ;-)

Last night a bunch of us took FULL advantge of the free beer at the Triumph shop's 1st anniversary - a fine evening and I feel I drank for us both - Kat drove me home and I fell asleep on the sofa.

Today was "deliverance" for the blankets e.t.c collected last week at the Chrome Devils party and we trundled out to Samoeng - great to see the smiles on the villagers faces when they got the blankets and the boys & girls we rode with where top people.

Ran the loop back from Samoeng to the X-Centre and had a few beers with Bungy (myself, Tom Forde, Jack and Ian's cousins e.t.c). Then me and Tom met the ladies at my house and are still drinking.... No going anywhere more tonight but if I manage to get fruity with Kat tonight, I will whisper your name onto her ear! Hope you appreciate the efforts I go to so as you can enjoy me being your proxy.... ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

dad

Jan 21, 2008
Pie has thai bike week 12-13-14dec. I called a Thai this PM & this is problem.

Doppy DAD rode to C M yesterday & talking around was told of change.

I am going away late Dec app 4 weeks so hope the ride will be end Jan..

Anyhow I enjoyed a fast ride to CM & back geting in practise to compete

with the young would be if they could be ..

DAD...

Jun 5, 2008
I should be around on those dates and at this stage I will be a starter,
assuming the police have not taken all of our :shock: bikes by then!

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
As suggested by siinthai... The anniversary of TJ's next move is coming around at the start of November...

Maybe it is worth rejuvenating this thread to see if there is any interest in a memorial ride...

I won't be up North until the end of Nov, so I won't be around, but perhaps others might want to go for a ride and remember the old bloke...

Cheers,
Daewoo