The TJ - John Hamilton Memorial Ride - The Mae Hong Son Loop

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
sadly, I cannot make this date. I should be somewhere in in the SOuth Island, NZ with my family in tow...

Do enjoy your run...

Oct 20, 2003
No problem for me on the 9th, perhaps for a couple of nights away. Plan to meet up with a friend of mine in Pai if it works out.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
trevbart wrote: No problem for me on the 9th, perhaps for a couple of nights away. Plan to meet up with a friend of mine in Pai if it works out.
Any chance of a re-run at the end of Nov when I am in town.. I did the MHS Loop with TJ and the delightful Miss Elle... would love to re-visit it...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Oct 20, 2003
daewoo wrote: [quote quote=trevbart]No problem for me on the 9th, perhaps for a couple of nights away. Plan to meet up with a friend of mine in Pai if it works out.
Any chance of a re-run at the end of Nov when I am in town.. I did the MHS Loop with TJ and the delightful Miss Elle... would love to re-visit it...

Cheers,
Daewoo
Sounds OK, will need to confirm some dates later. I will have 3 months holiday this time and hope to catch up on some riding...

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
Hello David is this run still on for the 9th.
If it is I would like to join if possible.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
BJ wrote: Hello David is this run still on for the 9th.
If it is I would like to join if possible.
Well yeah it's sort of on - two riders?
You could be # 3.
But if Daewoo wants to lock himself in for the end of the month sometime that might be better making it 4 guys?
I'm flexible, but it would be good to have enough guys to honour TJ properly & even Siinthai, best mates with TJ as well now.

(Apologies to all about lack of communication from me at the moment, just in from MHS & got serious computer / internet problems again. Same same last week before I went away & not yet resolved. )

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
I can lock in that I arrive in CM on the 25th (could be there on the 24th if really necessary)... I am there to do as much riding and drinking, and talking bullshit as I can :) ... I need to start thinking about heading home on about the 5th...

The only reason I would pull out of a MHS run is if an opportunity to join someone going into Laos came up and it clashed with this...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Davidfl wrote: Is that 2 or 3 of us
Trevbart
DavidFL
Dad?
on for the 9th November?
I would like to make it also, but as you know David, I already commited to a Nan run with Armin. A little later in the month would be great if it allowed more to participate.

Aug 27, 2007
I can't David as I have a boat delivery to Langkawi...no flexible timing. Would have been a fun run on our new ER6n.
Hope you have a great time with the two buggers that checked out early ( TJ and Siinthai ) looking over your shoulders.
Stay safe.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
SilverhawkUSA wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]Is that 2 or 3 of us
Trevbart
DavidFL
Dad?
on for the 9th November?
I would like to make it also, but as you know David, I already commited to a Nan run with Armin. A little later in the month would be great if it allowed more to participate.
Same for me. I'm stuck in the shop until the 15th then off until the 29th so anytime in between those dates would suit me if enough people are interested to warrant the shift?

Cheers,

Pikey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Pikey wrote: [quote quote=SilverhawkUSA][quote quote=Davidfl]Is that 2 or 3 of us
Trevbart
DavidFL
Dad?
on for the 9th November?
Same for me. I'm stuck in the shop until the 15th then off until the 29th so anytime in between those dates would suit me if enough people are interested to warrant the shift?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Yes the more the merrier. So lets shoot for between the 15th & the 29th.
15th November is the Sunflower Festival in Mae Sarieng & Mae Hong Son.
So lets aim for the a few days after that.....

Does the 26th November work satisfactorily?

That should mean 6 riders
DavidFL
Trevbart
Silverhawk
Pikey
Daewoo
BJ
Bungy back from India?
+ anyone else?

26 November Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son.
27 November Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai.

Any other dates suitable?

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
You can count me in as well...

Ian Bungy is back by then, so he may be a late starter as well...

Cheers,
Daewoo.

dad

Jan 21, 2008
I WILL STILL BE IN. WILL WATCH SITE RE FINAL DEPARTURE TIME
& PLACE..

DAD...

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Wow... 7 would be really nice... fitting for TJ and Siinthai...

I say 7 because IanBungy doesn't even know about it yet, and we know Pikey will pull out at the last minute :Cheeky:

Daewoo

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Sorry for me it's a no-no as during the week :cry: , I'm still one of the few who needs to got to work every day :evil: . Anyway have fun on this ride !!! Cheers, FR

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
daewoo wrote: Wow... 7 would be really nice... fitting for TJ and Siinthai...

I say 7 because IanBungy doesn't even know about it yet, and we know Pikey will pull out at the last minute :Cheeky:

Daewoo
Some of us have to work mate. When I am not working, I am generally out there riding.........

Cheers,

Pikey.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Pikey wrote: [quote quote=daewoo]Wow... 7 would be really nice... fitting for TJ and Siinthai...

Daewoo
Some of us have to work mate. When I am not working, I am generally out there riding.........

Cheers,

Pikey.
You're getting slow in your old age mate... I was expecting a bite on that line within minutes :D ...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
After talking to guys at the UN Irish Pub for MotoGP we are locked in now for

26 November Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son.
27 November Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son via Chomthong - Doi Inthanon - Khun Yuam "the quick long way."
Tribute & toast both TJ & Siinthai in Mae Hong Son.
Return to Chiang Mai via R1095 Soppong & Pai (the short quick way) after a late night on the town MHS.

THURSDAY 26 NOVEMBER
• Meet at Kafe 8.15AM
• Tribute & toast BOTH TJ & Siinthai
• Depart from the Kafe 9.00AM
• Head south on R108 to Chomthong
• Turn right onto R1009 for Doi Inthanon
• Negotiate a local fee for the National Park Entrance
• Ride to the top & take a group photo under the Highest Mountain Sign
• Have a cup of coffee
• Descend to Mae Chaem on R1192 & fuel up at the PTT
• Have an optional early lunch in Mae Chaem
• Head north on R1088 & turn left WEST onto R1263 for Khun Yuam
• Drink stop in Pang Ung
• Khun Yuam turn right onto R108 & head for MHS.
• Arrive in MHS ETA 4PM?

• Group photo by the lake for TJ & Siinthai

• Check into hotel / guesthouse - by the lake: The Piya / Palm / Romthai

• Foot massage / massage at the Baan Thai
• Eat & drink at the Crossroads Pub & Restaurant.
• Hit the Chalet night club 10.30-11.00 PM.
• Retire at 12.30-1.OO AM.

FRIDAY 27 NOVEMBER
• Regroup & have brekky 9.15AM at Salween Restaurant
• Depart Mae Hong Son 10.15 AM North on R1095.
• Coffee break at Soppong River Inn 10.30AM. Group photo.
• Lunch Pai "12-midday."
• Depart Pai 1.00 PM
• Drink stop at Mae Sae.
• Group photo at Chiang Dao viewpoint.
• Arrive Chiang Mai ETA 3.30 PM
• Group photo outside The Kafe.

Sounds like a winner to me & worthy of both TJ & Siinthai:

THE RIDERS
1. DavidFL
2. Trevbart
3. Silverhawk
4. Pikey
5. Daewoo
6. BJ
7. Dad
8. John Gooding
9. HT Woodson

have I missed anyone?..

Sep 4, 2007
Ride plan looks great. Confirm I will be at the Kafe as planned for departure, and probably there the evening before if anyone about.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Confirm, confirm & double confirm! Good one & thanks David.

Regarding overnight in MHS is it up to the individual to book accommodation or do you have some arrangement already? I don't mind either way but don't want to double book something. ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Confirming again...

@DavidFL... even if you aren't booking for everyone, I would appreciate if you booked for me...

Cheers,
Daewoo