Transfer Document Power of Attorney - Translations

Jul 18, 2007
This is very good stuff, John, thanks for sharing it. These are very good translations from the Thai and people in this forum, such as the guy in Phuket with all the unregistered bikes, should be able to make good use of them. Saw the pix of your new bike, it looks good. Look forward to a report from you at some point.

Feb 1, 2009
Yes very helpful stuff indeed, thanks for the post.

NDSinBkK, I'm the guy in Phuket with "all the unregistered bikes". FYI, I seem to have used the wrong terminology in my post on the Chiang Mai crackdown thread. In fact all 4 of the bikes are registered, with real books and and real plates, it's just that 3 of them are not registered in my name and my stickers are out of date. Unfortunately I have no idea where the guys I bought the bikes from are now (2 were farang who've left Thailand, the other is a Thai friend who died in the tsunami 2 months after he sold me the bike).

Yes, not great with the books being in someone else's name, especially if I wanted to sell them but that's a non-issue because I really don't intend to ever sell them -- too much fun, especially the NSR. Further, as the books and plates are good, from what I've learned it should be no problem to get new stickers, which I'll be doing on Tuesday after I visit my insurance agent.

Admittedly it's easy to be too 'sabai-sabai' here sometimes. especially when the police used to be that way, but as the atmosphere is definitely changing there's no doubt we have to as well.