Trip reports from Motorheinz

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
Armin

"Thanks" for posting all your assorted trip reports.

By the way, it appears that you have re-posted reports that you have put on other boards or publications. They happen to be in a language that MOST OF US CANNOT READ!! Not a lot of good, eh?

Your English is pretty good when asking for information. I guess that we will have to give you answers in some language that you cannot read.

BobS

"The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not and never persist in trying to set people right."

Aug 7, 2003
Has to come from someone who only speaks one language(maybe).BobS, a bit of give and take goes a long way in Asia if you haven't noticed.True I can't myself read the posts, I can look at the pictures and guess at the story from key words, better than not having any report at all. Chill.Better to read your own post script, "be perfectly indifferent" ,
Harri.XR650.

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
Hi Harri

You are correct about the "give and take". That is the basis of this board - to take information, and give information back in return.

But there are too many people that only take, without giving anything back. Motorheinz is one of them. He has a history of coming here for information, but refuses to answer questions about his trips. I have had personal experience giving him answers, and waiting in vain for any response to my questions to him.

His questions are always in fluent English, so the one language issue is not the case. He runs a motorcycle touring business, and just reprints his brochure trip reports here, hoping for more business.

So, if you want to ignore the situation and keep helping him, feel free. A lot of us are tired of his selfish actions.

BobS

"The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not and never persist in trying to set people right."

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Armin
A simple question for you to answer - "How's the road from Pha Volo to Long Cheng?"
1. From Hendi:
Link removed
"give some detail about road conditions, any other facts?"
2. From myself
Link removed
"Great photos mate - sort of makes you hungry..........for the other food.
Any chance of some road info for your trip, or are you just gonna leave us salivating?"

I'm sure you can manage to make the effort for some simple basic English to share some road data info.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Aug 7, 2003
Hi BobS & The Fearless Leader,

Didn't know about the history.Should have read the previous posts.

Sorry,
Harri. XR650R

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Harri
No trouble mate.
Armin also has a very chequered history in North Thailand, one that he would not be very proud of.
But as you see true to form, he still can't be bothered to put any road data back in - no reply to either of the requests for some info on the Pha Volo - Long Chen road, that he supposedly tackled.
Its a shame as he could contribute a lot by sharing info, photos only make it look nice & really are an easy way out.
But I suspect that it will be beyond him, & he may well get kicked off the board (for a 2nd time) if can't be bothered to deliver.

Have you got the XR650 back on the road yet?

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Aug 7, 2003
Dave,
Just paid for the crank in Singapore, don't ask the price. Bearings coming from Aust. Chain and sprockets,new steering stem bearings are somewhere in Vietnam , once again, don't ask. They went astray.Or rather the carrier went astray.Swingarm and all suspension links have been rebushed and new bearings.New wheel bearings and seals.New stickers and paint the pipes. Shock and forks going to the BikeLab in Singapore once they source the new front springs. All in all I probably could have bought a new bike!Estimate another 4 weeks if all goes well.
Cheers
Harri.XR605R.