Trip to Cardamom mountains in November 09

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Bard and crew
Excellent report and pictures.
Like the pic of the bike crossing the newly made bridge. Looks dodgy in the pic.

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Hi Bill,

It was very dodgy, 5 feet deep water with heavy current below. Wait until I get the VDO sorted and you can see the entire "bridge" is wobbling when we use it.

Cheers Bard

bard

Oct 2, 2008
Here is a link for one of the vids as you can see we get tired as hell and start falling off the bikes for a moment /rayongracer ... w3Cbv0oVao

Thank you Johnny for carrying the helmet camera, it was awesome and I vote for the Contour HD video camera any day it really rox.

hope you like it

Dec 27, 2007
Awesome vid from Johnny- thanks for posting it up Bard!
I need a new camera, but damn that Contour HD is expensive...

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
WOW!
Nice work. Thanks to the Bard and cameraman Johnny!
I loved seeing those wide superhighway bridges you had to cross. :wink:

Did anyone have any clutch problems from the ride?

Oct 12, 2005
Jeeesus - That video quality is awesome from Johnnies helmet cam. Crystal clear, wide aperture lens, etc. some nice quality. Johnny thanks for editing it all and putting it up!! Brings back some great memories of the Cardomoms watchig everyone thrashing about.

CDRW- No clutch problems with any of the bikes though Franks KTM 690 clutch got hot on a steep uphill due to all the abuse the clutch took with the tall motard gearing that was on the bike. Poor Franks smaller countershaft sprocket did not arrive in time for the trip so he just said bugger it and made it through despite motard tires and too tall gearing. Once again awesome job Frank!!

bard

Oct 2, 2008
We had zero problems with clutch except Frank's were a tad hot in the rutted hills.

The ride was just total fun cdrw, absolutely brilliant you would have loved it.

Justin I have one case of Army MRE's for you in my house, please give me a call so I can get the shipping address to send to you.

Cheers Bard

bard

Oct 2, 2008
thx Marco, it would not be cool if the vdo only show happy perfect moments, truth avails they say ;)

I loved the tour, to be with Harri, Justin, Frank and Johnny on this ride was great. It truly is a fantastic way to bond with friends and have moments, high and low you share with them, something you don't do in the same extent on the street to be honest.

Luckily now I have 2 bikes and 2 good ways of enjoying them with friends.

Anyway, for the guys on the tour, thanks a lot it was a remarkable ride and I loved every moment. What really comes to my mind still is the mind boggling ice cream scooter with no dirt on in the middle of the jungle. The delivery of beer in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The awesome fast gravel, and the fun times in the evenings.

Cheers Bard