Trip Video - Vietnam/laos/cambodia/vietnam In 3.5 Months

Mar 6, 2008
Yes, we did it the slow way, on Minsks. But damn it was fun.
I promised DavidFL a trip report last year, so I'm finally (sort of) making good on it.

Check out the video report at this link:

Sep 29, 2008
Great video Brendan, it looks like you guys had a great time and the scenery is amazing. I am heading there soon and things like your video only serve to whet my appetitie more. :mrgreen:

Can I ask what kind of paper work you had for the Minsks to get out of vietnam? Did you have any kind of ownership papers or Vina moto licence or similar?

Cheers,

Marty.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
BrendanM wrote: Yes, we did it the slow way, on Minsks. But damn it was fun.
I promised DavidFL a trip report last year, so I'm finally (sort of) making good on it.

Check out the video report at this link:
Brendan
Thanks for finally posting something. It certainly looks like you guys had a great time. Quite often slow is the way to go - you see & experience more + it is easier to stop & take photos & video. 8)

Now the video is great, but it only begets questions: what were the best bits for you guys - hotels / rides / roads / most fun / places you probably would not want to go or do again. If you could provide some brief tips it would be the icing on the cake & I would be really happy. :D

Jun 16, 2011
Hi Brendan,

I am planning to ride throughout the Golden Triangle starting in Ho Chi Minh(Vietnam) --> Laos-->Thailand--> Cambodia--> Ho Chi Minh. After researching came across your post. Hope you can help me in answering some questions.

1. What are all of the paper works needed?
2. How long would it take, I'm gonna assume about 3-4 months?
3. How much did it cost you at each border crossing?

Hopefully you can help answer some of the questions. Excited about this trip and hopefully it pans out.

Thanks..