Triumph announce new Explorer XC version

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
again from this week's MCN.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2012/September/sep0312-triumph-unveil-new-explorer-xc/

282200=12028-explorer-xc-1.jpg

"This is Triumph’s new XC version of its Explorer 1200 – the surprise unveiling and one of the highlights of the weekend’s Triumph Live at Mallory Park.
Built as a more, rugged, off-road orientated version of the Explorer (in a similar way to its smaller Tiger 800 and Tiger 800 XC double act) and undoubtedly aimed squarely at BMW’s R1200GS Adventure, the XC gets alloy-rimmed wire wheels, hand guards, fog lights, crash bars and a sturdy looking aluminium bash plate, along with a new khaki green colour scheme, but otherwise boasts a similar spec to the Explorer 1200.
At its heart is the same 1215cc shaft drive triple, producing 135bhp with 89ftlbs of torque. It’s also equipped with ride by wire throttle, cruise control, traction control and switchable ABS.
The new XC will receive its full public debut at Intermot in Germany in October followed by the NEC show and is expected in dealers next March.
No price details have been revealed but if the new XC follows the model of its 800 siblings expect a premium of around £600 over the standard model taking it to £11,799."

one thing that is missing is a larger tank like Triumph's targeted GS ADV competition.
Mind you the road orientated tyres and issues with off-road throttle response make this still a road orientated bike.

Jul 11, 2007
Good to see one of your best names in motorcycle so enterprising,though in my youth I prefered Norton for its featherbed frame. But I still have in my ears the wonderful exhaust sound of the 650 TT!
Why did the Triton meet little success?
Cheers, Lung.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
At Least it has Tubeless Spoke Wheels unlike the 800XC!!! Looking Better than the Standard Explorer, it actually looks smaller an lighter but no doubt just as heavy as the other Supertanker! I would love to try one though so I could compare it to the 1050!!!
Time for a Trade-In maybe?