Triumph Tiger Sport 1050

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
With the recent announcement that Triumph are moving the production of there remaining mass produced bikes to Thailand will this mean they will be available to buy in Thailand? Specifically I want a Tiger Sport 1050, throw some panniers on and it's a decent tourer. Anyone heard any rumours of future Triumph models in Thailand.

Reactions: Ian Bungy
Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I am not sure they will continue with the Tiger Sport ? They just released the Tiger 900 here so Your best bet closest to the Tiger Sport would be the Tiger 900 GT Pro.
I have a Tiger 1050 which I brought New here and a Brilliant Bike which I have been everywhere on. Love it!
I had planed on getting the Tiger 900 Rally Pro but sadly this bloody Corona Virus Bullshit has put all future plans on Hold until things open up again whenever that will be??? Good Luck, I personally think Triumph are one of the Best Bikes on the Market and the Dealers in Thailand are Outstanding for their Showrooms and Service!

upload_2020-4-23_11-52-10.png

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
Agree with the Tiger Sport not being around for much longer being only Euro 4 compliant. Even if it was only in Thailand for a year or 2 I would buy one. I prefer older style bikes with less tech. Been trying to avoid these Adventure Sport bikes and the 4 cylinder Japanese stuff hence the Tiger Sport. Looks like an Adventure bike might be inevitable. The new Suzuki 1050 V-Strom, like the old DR750/800s, should be around the same price as the Tiger 900 GT. The 900 Tracer GT might be worth a look too. I would prefer, and will try to buy a Triumph. Just need this Coronavirus to pass so they let me back in the country.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Agree with the Tiger Sport not being around for much longer being only Euro 4 compliant. Even if it was only in Thailand for a year or 2 I would buy one. I prefer older style bikes with less tech. Been trying to avoid these Adventure Sport bikes and the 4 cylinder Japanese stuff hence the Tiger Sport. Looks like an Adventure bike might be inevitable. The new Suzuki 1050 V-Strom, like the old DR750/800s, should be around the same price as the Tiger 900 GT. The 900 Tracer GT might be worth a look too. I would prefer, and will try to buy a Triumph. Just need this Coronavirus to pass so they let me back in the country.

A Suzuki Vstrom 650 is still pretty much old school, if you don't get the latest model. It would be brilliant value for money IMHO.

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
Forgot about the 650 V-Strom to be honest. Either of the Teneres could be worth a look. When I eventually get back I'll try and blag a test ride on a Tiger.