Tyre buying

Doc59

Jan 4, 2006
Friend on his Africa Twin is going to need new tyres on our return from Cambodia. Can anyone tell me if Metzeller Tourance or similar tyres are readily available anywhere in Thailand. Thanks in advance

Steve

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Steve
Yeah no real trouble to get tyres for an Africa Twin in Thailand.
OEM Bridgestone Trailwing & Michelin Anakees are the go between my AT mates.
If you go to the New Users forum
http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... hichpage=2
you will see a link to Bangkok Shops.

How's ya trip going so far?
Are you going to share any little gems with us on how good / bad it's been?

Dont forget Philipp Island MotoGP this weekend.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Doc59

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks David

Gave a little info in my Cambodia now post and after Cambodia we are planning to head up to Chiang Mai so hopefully will catch up with a few of you then. Managed to avoid going into Bangkok on the way up from Malaysia and would rather leave it til it's necessary to go and ship the bike. Can we get or order the tyres in Chiang Mai or would we have to order from Bangkok and get them sent up? Worst still I missed seeing the motogp. Thanks again for the info

Steve

Feb 23, 2003
Hello Steve:

No problem on ordering tires in Chiang Mai. They come up out of Bangkok in a couple of days. I just ordered a set myself and will be picking them up today. If you need them in a big hurry we can probably do a switch and I can just re-order. Let me know. Rob

Doc59

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks for that Rob, think we have had a change of plans for the moment. My riding companions (who need the tyres) are heading to Bangkok after Cambodia and I will be heading Chiang Mai way. When I get closer I will have to chase up the GT rider meeting place and come say hello.

Steve