Ubon Bike happening

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
24-25 March
Most of you already know abt it,, but just a reminder for late joiner's,, promiced to be big again.
Ppl start to gather already from 1200 noonon 24th

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Anyone plannig to go up from the general Udon area? There will be a small group going from here maybe we could hook up for the ride. Unless I miss my guess we should be going through Khan Kean. This would probably be a good one for yuo and yuor firends Pianoman. lot closer for you guys then us LOL

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Is started this failry early I will post meeting place here in Udon as soon as I have spoken to everyone else. Should be in the next few days. If anyone wants to meet in Khan Kean we can work that out.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well the bikes fixed I will be on my way. Not sure about the hotel ame only it where the guys stayed last time, 600 Baht a night and it has air.

045-241739

045-241262

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
latest news and timings

24th March

1600Hrs (4pm), everything start at place is front of the city hall what is just by the public park(Candle park)

1630 Ubon police chief speech
1730 All bikes registration who are participating
1830 Giveing Suvenier to those who are coming from Most North, south,younges, senior
1930 Obotoor president speech to govenor and visa versa, Each club take photo with govenor
2030 Isaan show on stage
2100 Musical show
2400 Closing

25th March

0900 Gathering front of the city hall
1000 Ubon Police chief let the group go to national park
1100 Chief of the National park give a speech
1230 Arrive to Thai Lao border At Ban tung naa muang, having lunch lunch together at Krua rim khong restaurant
1330 Arrive to Water fall
1500 Back to Ubon

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Im sure there is guys coming from Bkk but as im new on this, i have no idea,,,who they are, but one's u are here then easy to heaing back in convoy

Sep 26, 2006
Got my TDM all serviced now from the great chaps at Red Baron, anyone heading up from Bangers this week let me know the where's and whens.

Looks like it'll be a while longer before they fix the MT01 due to some dodgy going ons....

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well we will be down one rider this week, he went dirt riding at a 100as he wa ran off the road. So he and his wife are still moving around very sore to say the least, but along with cosmetic damage the crank case was broken, So I doubt they will make it.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Spoken few guys thai guys last night and they are expecting abt 100 bikes,,,would that be true or even close i think it will be outstanding happening,, hope they have wet t-shirt competition as well

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Are you going to be a participant LOL

From the looks of it there are only going to be two riders and thier wives from the Red Scorpoins looks like everyone else is dropping out. Hey we are going to have fun anywya.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
really,, what change they minds...Im going to meet u guys here first and then we going to P.A.R.T.whY beacause we WANNA, any one whos drop off going to be sorry
ray call me when u guys are in your last stop b4 Khueng Nai so i know when to expect u, any how easy to find when u are broaching KN you get 4 lane,, after PTT few hundred meters there is restaurant on your right side,, but like i said call me so i can be there,, and show u the way

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
really,, what change they minds...Im going to meet u guys here first and then we going to P.A.R.T.whY beacause we WANNA, any one whos drop off going to be sorry
ray call me when u guys are in your last stop b4 Khueng Nai so i know when to expect u, any how easy to find when u are broaching KN you get 4 lane,, after PTT few hundred meters there is restaurant on your right side,, but like i said call me so i can be there,, and show u the way

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
What I find as a norm people get excited about these rides then talk themselves out of them nothing new, see you today

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I haven't really been to many four now counting this one, Nice enough. But I think in comparison to the others I've been to there is room for improvement. Actaully it was a lot smaller as far as attendance then I expected. There were more at Nung Bua Lamphu's first atttept. Entrance fee was certainly reaonable. But to even ge a drink of water yuo were payning, Thye had two food set ups, one as prat of the entrance fee and anothe that you had to purchase each item. I'm far form a expert on Thai food, so let me put it this way on the way to the Hotel picked up nooden she wasn't happy with what was free nor what was sold. Me I don'tt like to nooden so I finsihed the night hungry LOL

Not many exibits, Harley's forsale Some good safety eqquipment jackets Ect, but no bargains by any means. Saw a exhibit bothe wihth some very large backtires and some fancy shocks, The rest seemed to be being sold by guys In Jamicn head gear and the posters fo a Jmaican singer. Kind of got lost on that one.

Considering this was there eight annual though thye probably could have done better, Well we did get a patch and a decal for the entrance fee.

The other thing that I tought was kind of intersting is usually you get to meet people at this events, The only peopel that spoke to us were he ones that we aready knew from Udon or had conversations on the site with.

The only adverstising I saw on it was a flyer in Thai, Didn't see that many farrangs there. Maybe that how they want it, kind of looked like ti. My wife has aready said no go back!!! I might just agree with her, when i have time to think about it. Neither one of drink so I never exaluate one of these thing on drinking, since I know plently of places to drink without riding 900 Klms for it.

On the other hand she is looking forward to the Next Udon event and is already talking about Chaing Mia. We had fun in Udon and the Nung Bua Lamphu evetns heck it wa a graat ride and we did go on the parade around town so not all bad LOL

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ray

could not agreed more, and as i mailed to you,, i was left alone middle of the nowhere bacially organizers told my wife that take care of your selfs after my bike broke down literally middle of the nowhere...after 20 call and friend on immigration manged to get bike to garage after 3hrs, no worries there but no i know to whom i can or cant trust.
Any whay looking forward for nice touring AFTER august if i manage to get my new ride before that.

Many thankx for all you guys who came far far away and make atleast more color and head count to the weekend..

BTW, THAI poster advertizing that they where expecting 400Bikes there,, and i think there was 50,,,