DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
In response to....

suggestion---upcoming-trips-t5143.html

An attempt to get more riders together for rides & subsequent trip reports.

Should this thread prove popular it is possible to create a separate one for each region.

Please post your proposed rides & trips here.
1. Proposed Ride - - to where?
2. Day(s) & Date(s).
3. Starting from - place & time?
4. Returning via / end up at?

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Wednesday 4 Feb Tesco Lotus - Kamptien/Superhighway @ 09:30

I will be riding 1001 to Buatong Waterfall, possibly go on to the back of Mae Kuang & gaze at the disappearing road & then retrace a little back to 1323.

Over to Mae Ngat and then visit the developing and spectacular Wat Ban Den - or to most folks, "what is that massive blue roof thingy wotsit you can see from across the valley?"

A short return to the 107 and then back into Chiang Mai.

I will be riding this route, hopefully with Kenyam and poo and if anyone else fancies a short relaxing trip getting back into town early afternoon, then you are welcome.

Ally

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Folks,
Seems to me that its going to get rather confusing if several people post rides here and the replies all get mixed up. As we already have the regional sections it seems to work OK with the intended ride going in the general section and the resulting trip reports in the trip report section, or is this additional sticky somehow going to make things clearer??

Jun 1, 2008
Just a thought

Wouldn't a logical solution be a sub forum headed 'up for a ride - who's coming' as the sub forum title.

Each 'trip invite' clearly showing the venue and region in the title? Then messages would be appended to the correct message/ride thread and no need for exra posts in each regional forum.

Depends on how your mind works I guess, I am just an orderly person, ESTJ for those who are into Jung. Mind you, there may be a little bit of OCD in there somewhere too ;)

T

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Congratulations John & Tony, you just made it more confusing as the discussion about whether or not folks are up for a ride etc being a good idea or not, was & should indeed be separate to the topic thread that is doing the actual advertising.

Well I just compounded it by addressing your last post ! :lol:

You are correct though, if there is to be a 'sticky' it should be in the appropriate region of Thailand because 'matey-xyz', in some distant part of the country is not immediately interested to join a group ride, planned long term or short notice, in a far off region of Thailand.

This principle exists in the East, a sub forum (well done Ray) doing their posting of intended trips in their area.

'The Golden Triangle Rider Forum Index -> Any message here' forum is surely intended to be Asia-wide. However at times it seems that it becomes Northern focused.

Ally

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
4 day GT loop from CNX - 10th - 13th Feb

Myself and 3 mates will leave from the X-centre 10am next tuesday, 10/2 for an overnight in Chiang rai via Doi Mae Salong. Day 2 will be a gentle one to the GT then overnight in Chiang Khong. Day 3 will be CK down to Nan via the 1148 with day 4 spent coming back to CNX via a lunchstop in Phayao.

Anyone interested in joining in all or part of the trip is welcome. Book your own accommodation. We are in Orchid GH in Chiang rai and the Portside in CK. On the fly for Nan.

Note: this is a tarmac only trip and apart from me on my Bonnie, riders will be on 400cc bikes and the pace will be "leisurely" but not dog-slow.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Feb 2, 2009
I'm a new poster on this forum.
I would like to join you for a few days ride.
See you at the x centre.
Dan

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Ally I have contacted some members and hopefully there will be at least 5 bikes tommorrow at Tesco carpark Superh'way @ 0930 hrs all welcome.

Cheers Ken

Dec 5, 2006
Davidfl wrote: In response to

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t5143.html

An attempt to get more riders together for rides & subsequent trip reports.

Should this thread prove popular it is possible to create a separate one for each region.

Please post your proposed rides & trips here.
1. Proposed Ride - - to where?
2. Day(s) & Date(s).
3. Starting from - place & time?
4. Returning via / end up at?
well its really that simple......

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
pikey wrote: 4 day GT loop from CNX - 10th - 13th Feb

Myself and 3 mates will leave from the X-centre 10am next tuesday, 10/2 for an overnight in Chiang rai via Doi Mae Salong. Day 2 will be a gentle one to the GT then overnight in Chiang Khong. Day 3 will be CK down to Nan via the 1148 with day 4 spent coming back to CNX via a lunchstop in Phayao.

Anyone interested in joining in all or part of the trip is welcome. Book your own accommodation. We are in Orchid GH in Chiang rai and the Portside in CK. On the fly for Nan.

Note: this is a tarmac only trip and apart from me on my Bonnie, riders will be on 400cc bikes and the pace will be "leisurely" but not dog-slow.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Make sure you guys drop in & see Ben the GT Rider webmaster at his ABC Cafe 'n Coffee Shop in Chiang Rai.
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... 4-s25.html

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks for the link there David.

We did pop round to see Ben but sadly the shutters were down even at 11:00 today (Wednesday)

The "Pikey Trails" writeup will no doubt be published on their return from Nan but I will publish my shortie, Chiang Mai - Fang - Chiang Rai & then return via Phayao, 120 & Mae Kachan soon.

Ally

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
As per Capt Bob's post here, I will be taking my Honda Wave up Doi Pui on the dirt track and then returning by tarmac over Doi Suthep.

I will not be racing up or down, I will have my camera, I will be stopping a lot and I will be looking out for and listening to birds.

Wednesday 18 Feb @ 09:30
Huay Tung Tao Buddha Statue

Anyone want to come along even if it just for a natter at the start and we meet up at the top!

Ally

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Lahu New Year Soppong
Looks like we've got two "conflicting" dates
Saturday 28th Feb
Sunday 1st March

However this all sounds like a good reason to be in Soppong for a couple of nights again.

So who's up for a ride?

Starting from: The Kafe 10.00 AM
Days & Dates: Saturday 28th Feb - Monday 2nd March
To: Soppong via R1095
Return: direct to Cnx Monday 2nd March (although I will return via Mae Hong Son) end up at the X-Centre.

You will be required to make a 500 baht donation for purchase of school supplies as per last year

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t3754.html

+ wear a GT Rider shirt (please.)

Eddie from Sura your box of clothes will be given away in Luk Khao Lam again. Many thanks for the donation & support.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: Lahu New Year Soppong
Saturday 28th Feb
Sunday 1st March

However this all sounds like a good reason to be in Soppong for a couple of nights again.

So who's up for a ride?

Return: direct to Cnx Monday 2nd March (although I will return via Mae Hong Son) end up at the X-Centre.

You will be required to make a 500 baht donation for purchase of school supplies as per last year

Eddie from Sura your box of clothes will be given away in Luk Khao Lam again. Many thanks for the donation & support.
Moto-Rex & I are in. Anyone other takers?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]Lahu New Year Soppong
Saturday 28th Feb
Sunday 1st March

So who's up for a ride?

Moto-Rex & I are in. Anyone other takers?
Ben, The SEO guy & GT Rider webmaster is in.
That's three.

Jun 5, 2008
Thats 4 now,count me in..see you all on saturday.

If there is fun and frivolity as well as riding,I will be there with bells on!
It is always good to give a bit of a hand to the schools and the hill kids.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
chiangmairich wrote: Thats 4 now,count me in..see you all on saturday.

Thanks Rich. 4 riders now
Davidfl
Moto-Rex
TheSeo Guy
Chiangmairich

BUT

Just had a phone call from Soppong & the village shaman is having a day off at the start & it drops back one day from a Saturday to Sunday.

So the revised schedule is now
Days & Dates: Sunday 1st - Tuesday 3rd March
Starting from: Ex The Kafe 10.00 AM SUNDAY 1ST March
To: Soppong via R1095. Return the same way or up to you.

JohhnyE this means a Sunday ride. Are you in for a run out to Pai & back?

Happyfeet what about you?
The Ambassador, same same - what about you?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=chiangmairich]Thats 4 now,count me in..see you all on saturday.

Thanks Rich. 4 riders now
Davidfl
Moto-Rex
TheSeo Guy
Chiangmairich

BUT

Just had a phone call from Soppong & the village shaman is having a day off at the start & it drops back one day from a Saturday to Sunday.

So the revised schedule is now
Days & Dates: Sunday 1st - Tuesday 3rd March
Starting from: Ex The Kafe 10.00 AM SUNDAY 1ST March
To: Soppong via R1095. Return the same way or up to you.

JohhnyE this means a Sunday ride. Are you in for a run out to Pai & back?

Happyfeet what about you?
The Ambassador, same same - what about you?

Got 3 Bamboo Rooms

http://www.soppong.com/bambooroom.html

booked at The Soppong River Inn for Moto-Rex / The SEO Guy / Chiangmairich.

I'm in my usual Rice Hut

http://www.soppong.com/ricehut.html

Anyone else?

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
David, I would love to come along but aside from my Dragstar being in for new pipes, I have family duties to attend to this week so will not be able to stay away from home.

I was planning on hiring a bike for the ride but sods law, family issues arise.

Hope you guys have a good ride!

Ally

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Hi,

With your permission I 'll be happy to join.
I try to book whatever room is still available.
So hopefully see you sunday 10 a.m. at the Kafe.
Cheers

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
pee wrote: Hi,

With your permission I 'll be happy to join.
I try to book whatever room is still available.
So hopefully see you sunday 10 a.m. at the Kafe.
Cheers
Pee
Ok you're in. The more the merrier & it's about time we rode together.
Total 5 guys now
Davidfl
Moto-Rex
Ben The Seo Guy
Chiangmairich
Pee

We now have 5 rooms booked at the Soppong River Inn
1 x Rice Hut
2 x Bamboo Rooms
1 x River Rim Cottage
1 x Champa Room

Pee if you rang the Soopong River Inn, late this arvo we are right. If it was not you, then someone else is "sneeking" in & messing up the bookings.

The Ambasador might also be turning up Monday night for "a quiet one or two."