USB Power Supply SW Motech?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Has anyone installed one of these on their bike yet?

287870=15131-SWMotechPowerSupply.jpg

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+products/Navigation/Electric+Motorbike+Adapters/index.htm

I'm about to order one.
Any feedback / ideas from anyone else...

Nov 21, 2010
I had an cigatertte lighter plug installed in the dasjboard of the Versys, but was not happy with it (not deep enough to hold something).
So I installed and DMW-lighter-plug on the handle-bar. I did choose not to use the USB as my Garmin then goes in USB-mode. The DMV looks the same like the SW-Motech.
I am very happy with the DMV, the rubber really seals it off and it hold the charger-plug very well. In this way you could also use it for an electric-air pump or whatever.

Chang Noi

JAGI00

Dec 18, 2012
Changnoi1;287883 wrote: I had an cigatertte lighter plug installed in the dasjboard of the Versys, but was not happy with it (not deep enough to hold something).
So I installed and DMW-lighter-plug on the handle-bar. I did choose not to use the USB as my Garmin then goes in USB-mode. The DMV looks the same like the SW-Motech.
I am very happy with the DMV, the rubber really seals it off and it hold the charger-plug very well. In this way you could also use it for an electric-air pump or whatever.

Chang Noi
I've also been looking to fit one and saw a dual unit ??somewhere?? [1 x USB & 1 x lighter socket] as I also use a Garmin GPS. However, I have now checked that the Garmin can be powered from a USB port if you connect via the mounting bracket rather than the mini USB on the Garmin itself. Also, if a lighter socket is used and connected directly to the battery, I think it should be possible to plug in a trickle charger if the bike is not going to be used for a while.

Cheers,

John

Dec 15, 2009
I have fitted them to my Triumph Tiger. You need to connect to a switch live. As there is a constant blue light glowing from it.
Rubber cap is very good, nice and watertight.

I suggest buy with confidence.

I use it to power my Garmin GPS & charge the phone whilst on the go.

Jun 15, 2011
Cigarette lighter plug to single and double USB 1 Amp supplies are available from Amorn. The single is about 130B. Obviously not as fancy as the one in the pic or not as waterproof although I daresay they can be modified. Been using one for a few years to a Garmin without any problems but then I probably do not ride the rough roads that David Does!