Using Osmand+ For Uploading Poi's To Open Street Map

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
A short screen shoot video of using OSMAND+ to upload POI's to Open Street Map.
The more riders using OSM and becoming "mappers light", the better the OSM map will become.
For offroad riding OSM has all the good tracks for Northern Thailand and most of Laos.

You need to make a free account at https://www.openstreetmap.org in order to upload POI directly to OSM.
You can also open a OSM note without an account. Describe the POI as good as you can and an experienced mapper will address it. (Most likely Russ)

So while sipping anything at a good or nice place why not spend a minute adding it to OSM so fellow riders can enjoy it.

In the video I deliberately tried to save the POI without entering a POI type, just to make a point.;)

Get OSMAND+ for Android. (a free and one paid version, download maps for offline use)
It is available for iPone as well.

Last edited:

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Finally got a chance to use the OSM app
Bought a Oukitel WP6 - recommended by Ian Bungy.
Installed OSM as recommended by Oddvar
No SIM card in fone - but worked great.
Did a day ride via 4016 to Doi Inthanon and return - almost went to Samoeng but turned left at the top of the hill.
Great map view, worked a Charm. Impressed.
Had it on a handlebar mount right beside my Garmin Zumo - preferred the fone view to the Garmin.
Those looking for a great fone, super long battery life, indestructable, and a great mapping App to go along with it - can't go wrong
Thanks to all for the heads-up

Reactions: Oddvar

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
I also bought Oukitel WP6, ive had it for about 6 x months now................................originally I was going to run no sim, just mobile hotspot from my good phone, I thought about it and for 200baht per month (True) its worth having a 2nd back-up phone..................................battery life on the Oukitel is amazing, I purposely have downloaded minimal apps, just music apps, LINE and Messenger for sharing destinations and meeting spots.

Ill have to check out Osmand ;)

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
I got a second SIM for my WP6, AIS, 100 baht a month. Same number.
Love the fone also !!!

Reactions: Oddvar