Variety of Bikes for hire

Jun 1, 2008
HI again

I have spent some time looking through the recommended hire businesses on this forum and there certainly seems to be a good selection of bikes. One thing that strikes me though is once you get above 250cc there seems to ba an apparent favour towards cruiser style of bike. I am not sure if I am missing something but there does not appear to be an availability of maybe 400-500 cc Dual purpose bikes.

Here in New Zealand I ride a Honda XR 250cc Baja and like that style of bike but for my hire bike of choice, I would want something maybe 4-500cc in the same style.

Can anyone tell me whether these are available? At a push I could get away with a 250 Baja which appears pretty common there, but that would not be my preference.

Thanks

T

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Hi Tony,

Trail bikes over 250cc are rarer than rocking horse sh*t here. In fact, I don't know of any! A 250 will get you where you want to go albeit a bit painfully in the arse department after an hour or so. I'd recommend my former partner Joe, at Joe's Bike Team for a newish, well-maintained XR250.

Also, I'd just like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that we at Tony's Big Bikes now have plated and fully legal 400cc road bikes to rent (a first for CNX I believe). Prices are +100 THB as to what they appear on the rentals page on this site.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Jun 1, 2008
Thanks Gents

I am just familiar with that style hence my preference. However one takes what is available! I guess a lot comes down to the terrain and road conditions where i want to go and can only assume that the other style of bike is just fine, otherwise you wouldn't ride them ;)

Cheers

T

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Tonykiwi
In Cambodia there are 450 and 600 CR for rent but my clients that I sent said it was just too much for down there. Riding in Laos with this, also too much bike for off the paved roads - weight is the issue.

We've a few bikes available and the only one mixed is the heavy ass Honda Transalp 400 cc. Drop me a line if you are on the way.