Versys Luggage

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Will be getting a Versys this month and would like to know your experiences or advice on the most practical luggage.
I will have a good tank bag and I am not fond of panniers, soft or hard.
So I guess my question is:
A rack and a Givi box or a back-rest/rack and a 'tail' bag?
Your opinions and advice will be most welcome.

Jan 21, 2011
I have the givi V35 mounted on the givi rack (PLXR 45O + 450 kit). These racks are well made. You don't have to repositioning the signal lights. They are just 3 pieces and replace the stock passenger grab rails. They mounted fast and straight. I prefer the givi boxes, they are better protected against theft, can be locked and are waterproof.

Nov 7, 2007
Get a detachable top box. Not going to make your bike look better but doesn't look too much out of place on a Versys.

Givi Trekker 45 is nice if a bit pricey at ~18k baht.

Or get the biggest Malay-Made Givi - it's going to be roundish, but OK quality (not worse than the Italian made stuff) and around 3,000 e. Somebody posted a link to online shops that sell these recently, look for that.

The big Italian-made Givis are the same quality as the Malaysia made ones but cost 20k baht and more... import taxes... not worth it IMO. There's also a nice Thai made brand - STH? - but I don't know how well these hold up.

Jan 21, 2011
I bought my boxes an rack in Europe and brought them as hand luggage. I paid 12k baht for the boxes, in Thailand they asked 27k baht