View of new posts

J

Javawa

[quote quote=253156]I signed up for the Daily Digest and for two days I got an email message showing the new posts but then it stopped and for the last few days there was NO email message so maybe the Mods/Admin can have a look at what happened with the Daily Digest section. [/quote]

Well, still no Daily Digest Email message so checked my Profile settings and this confirmed that I had signed up for it so Mods, if you have time (I realize you are very busy at the moment) it would be nice if you could check why the system does not send out the Daily Digest message by email

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Well Unfortunately I am with You Javawa. I cannot make Heads nor Tails of this New Website and besides Clicking on every Post I can't see how You are supposed to see the Latest Stuff? "The Latest Topics" and "Latest Replies" don't seem to be doing much? I think just wait and see if thinks improve but sad to say I can't see anyone bothering to Post anything if it comes across as difficult as it appears?

J

Javawa

Yes, Ian the forum is not the most user friendly in finding new posts - your best bet is on the the Top Right "S.E ASIA MOTORCYCLING FORUMS" and then click on "The Latest Replies" as then you will find the latest and new Topics, Replies and Recent posts (I think but I am not 100% sure about that).

Clicking on the "Latest Replies" you will see that Jurgen and Rod Page yesterday posted new messages on Trip Planning in Laos but these messages have not shown up in the "New Topic Replies" nor in the "Latest Topics" which you will see on the left hand side of the page https://www.gt-rider.com/  That is not how it should be and I hope that the Admin/Mods will have a look at that.

However, the "The Latest Replies" in "S.E ASIA MOTORCYCLING FORUMS" comes quite close to a Button "New Posts" on the old forum. It does show new topics, new posts/replies and recent posts, with the name of the poster, time and date of the post and an indication if the post has been read or not and they would be able to do away with the New Topics/New Replies sections on the left side of the forum.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The latest replies seems to have a problem at the moment. It is getting timed out in Bangkok for some reason.  Overseas there is no problem. If you are in Thailand use a proxy & everything works ok.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
When starting again if you first go to a forum / sub forum try clicking on the black button -Mark All Topics Read, otherwise everything shows up as not read from the old forum.

GTR-Forums-Read.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Javawa wrote:

Javawa wrote:

I signed up for the Daily Digest and for two days I got an email message showing the new posts but then it stopped and for the last few days there was NO email message so maybe the Mods/Admin can have a look at what happened with the Daily Digest section.
Well, still no Daily Digest Email message so checked my Profile settings and this confirmed that I had signed up for it so Mods, if you have time (I realize you are very busy at the moment) it would be nice if you could check why the system does not send out the Daily Digest message by email

Auke are you receiving your daily digests now?

How the digests work:
Users are able to choose on their profile edit pages (both built-in and from bbPress) whether or not they want to receive digest, at what time of the day, at which day of the week (if they receive weekly digest), and should digest include topics from all forums or only selected ones.

J

Javawa

Got the email message with a digest on a regular basis but it stopped about a week ago for reasons unknown so, No, I don't get daily digests at the moment even-though I have signed up for them.