Wanted - A touring bike

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
I spend summer sand winter in Australia and Autumn and Spring in Thailand.
I'm arriving back early May and looking for a road or dual purpose bike approx 450cc or bigger.
It should be less than 10 years old and in good mechanical nick.
I'm based in Phitsanulok and find the Wave a bit slow in the mountains.

Ian
 

Rosco

New Member
Apr 15, 2013
3
0
0
Hi Ian
This may just be the ticket, my BMW F650GS is for sale. The Bike is in excellent condition with genuine low kms (21000).
Rego, until Oct2013, five and a half years old. 330000 THB.
Always under cover. Center stand and side stand. Panniers and tank pack included
Serviced regularly with receipts.
Great bike for touring. Ph 0818854909 or email [email protected]
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
Thanks, Rosco.
I like the BM's - have owned many over the years and still have a '81 R100RT Police Special in OZ that I do the "off centre rally" and other big rides with.
I do not want to spend 330K baht on a second hand bike. I can buy a new Honda 500 for 200k baht or a new Versys for 380K.

Rosco;289366 wrote: Hi Ian
This may just be the ticket, my BMW F650GS is for sale. The Bike is in excellent condition with genuine low kms (21000).
Rego, until Oct2013, five and a half years old. 330000 THB.
Always under cover. Center stand and side stand. Panniers and tank pack included
Serviced regularly with receipts.
Great bike for touring. Ph 0818854909 or email [email protected]
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
I do not wish to pay more than 200K Baht as I can buy a new Honda 500 for that.

Rainbow;289357 wrote: I spend summer sand winter in Australia and Autumn and Spring in Thailand.
I'm arriving back early May and looking for a road or dual purpose bike approx 450cc or bigger.
It should be less than 10 years old and in good mechanical nick.
I'm based in Phitsanulok and find the Wave a bit slow in the mountains.

Ian
 

neil g

Active Member
Feb 5, 2012
26
1
1
Hi Ian ,, touring bike you say..look no further
I have a great bike Triumph ST 1050 sports/touring
Too many extras thrown in .....bought from new in Bangkok , just over 3 years old mint condition
check out my link on here "Triumph Sprint ST"
at 450,000 bht. i'm practically giving it away....and the reason why is...i fancy a change ...nothing more than that!
give us call if your interested. 086 777 1962
cheers
Neil
 

pattayanung

Member
Nov 27, 2012
5
0
0
hello for sale ktm 690 enduro r 20011 5700km acrapovic an meni extras. or suzuki drz 400 2007 12000mk bikes legal grenn book.
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
Thanks for the replies to date.
I neglected to mention that I do not wish to pay more than 200k Baht as for that money I can buy a new Honda 500.
I do like the Versys I hired but they are close to 400k Baht these days new hence am looking for a second hand bike
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
Thanks for the replies.
I'm only wanting to spend 200,00 Baht as for that money I can buy a new Honda 500.
My preference is for a Versys, though.
 

Franz

Ol'Timer
Jun 28, 2007
1,661
2
0
Rainbow, with that amount of funds you can get either a second hand ER6N in good shape, the rarer Ninja650R but I think no Versys as they are newer on the market by maybe 2 years and will not sell that low yet. Of course second option would be one of the new Honda CB500 series. You can try and look at various websites for used bikes such as bahtsold and mocyc - dot - com, first is in English, second in Thai. Good luck with your search.......FR
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
Thanks, Franz.
The ER6 is a good thing - I ride 1 in Australia as my everyday bike.
Understand demand for Versys is high.
The Honda 500 not yet released in Australia yet - will want to take the X version for a ride when I get to CM in a few weeks.
Ian

Franz;289588 wrote: Rainbow, with that amount of funds you can get either a second hand ER6N in good shape, the rarer Ninja650R but I think no Versys as they are newer on the market by maybe 2 years and will not sell that low yet. Of course second option would be one of the new Honda CB500 series. You can try and look at various websites for used bikes such as bahtsold and mocyc - dot - com, first is in English, second in Thai. Good luck with your search.......FR
 

Silverliner

Member
May 10, 2011
14
0
0
I have a good deal for you. A nice '11 Versys with very low mileage. New tyres and many extras including two sets of pannier bags. Unbelievable asking price! Call 0813470788 in case you are interested. I can speak English.
 

robertodimenbro

New Member
May 8, 2013
3
0
0
Rainbow;289357 said:
I spend summer sand winter in Australia and Autumn and Spring in Thailand.
I'm arriving back early May and looking for a road or dual purpose bike approx 450cc or bigger.
It should be less than 10 years old and in good mechanical nick.
I'm based in Phitsanulok and find the Wave a bit slow in the mountains.

I just come back yesterday from honda big wing bkk 07/05/13.The price for the new cb 500 x are 227.000 baht,inclused book registration,taxe,porobo minimum and obligatory insurance.After is depend wath you want to buy, great but little bit small and only 43 hp on the rear tyre.
The nc 700 x special promotion this month 430.000 baht inclused boock registration and insurance number 1.Only 52 hp but loock great and more biger than cb 500 x.
Make be carfull if you buy some bike 2 hand more than 10 years dfificult for find parts.
Actually the price for 2 hand versys 650 if you like kawasaky not to strong this is kawa, turn arround 230.000 to up.You must see some thai website like,bmw bikers thailand,truck 2 hand,dealfish,etc.good luck
 

Rainbow

Member
Feb 15, 2013
14
0
0
Thanks for the posts, blokes.
Heading to Chiang Mai next Monday to go riding.
Will grab a 500 from Pops and if I can get a woody - will probably buy 1.
If not, I'll chase up Silverliner in BKK.