West's New Multistrada.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
West arrived back at the X-Centre yesterday afternoon straight from Bangkok with His New Ducati Multistrada. A few Celebratory Beers were had while We all checked over the Beast. Very Beautiful Bike. Will be interesting to Park it beside My Tiger for a Closer comparison on Size and Styling? They Certainly are something Special though!!!
West with His New Bike and the Latest September Issue of Bike Magazine featuring the Multistrada on the Cover!
DSC07609Small.jpg

Various angles of the Bike, Fantastic Beauty!!!
DSC07610Small.jpg

DSC07612Small.jpg

DSC07614Small.jpg

DSC07613Small.jpg

Got a few Extra's to install then West will be Cruising! Good Luck and All the Best Buddy!

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

The bike is wonderfull and fit perfectly with the color of the Tritton !

Just a question, did West transported the bike like in the pictures from Bangkok with no problem with the M.i.B. ? Did he went through the small highways around BKK with no issue ?

I also have this issue of bike length versus the size of the pick up truck load, but I never dare to carry it so...

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
West Runs around all over the Place with Bikes on the Back and Claims not to have any Problems with the M.i.B? He is often backwards and forwards from Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Ranong and the Race Tracks without Drama? Maybe He is just Lucky?

Pgt066

Jan 31, 2005
First off, Nice bike!

Is there some problem with transporting a bike with the tailgate down? Mr West has his investment strapped down pretty good with professional tie downs.

His bike in the back can't be any less safe then half the things you see being transported on the roads in Thailand. Even in America this type of hauling would not be of any concern.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Pgt066 wrote: First off, Nice bike!

Is there some problem with transporting a bike with the tailgate down? Mr West has his investment strapped down pretty good with professional tie downs.

His bike in the back can't be any less safe then half the things you see being transported on the roads in Thailand. Even in America this type of hauling would not be of any concern.
Yes, although I can't quote exactly what the law says, I was also warned by a dealer in BKK to travel on the weekend so the police wouldn't stop me. They are especially concerned about not being able to see the taillights. I agree, with the loads one sees carried in Thailand. it seems rather silly. That said; I have brought three bikes back from BKK at various times and carried many bikes here in the North without ever being hassled. :D

Dec 27, 2007
Gorgeous bike! Congrats!

Yeah, technically the BiB can do you for driving with the tailgate down and an uncovered load. Just a question of luck really.

Ride On!

Tony

Nov 7, 2007
So West got a KTM 690 SMC and a Ducati Multistrada ...all within 7 days?
Wow, 2 great bikes in a week ...that can make you jealous :crazy:

They both look great and i wish him only the best and fantastic trips on it.

happy trails,

mbox

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

And thanks about your feedback on transporting bikes with the tailgate down with no problem, it encourage me to do so from time to time and avoid the hassle of exiting Bangkok.

I think I won't have too much problem are loading the Ducati Monster, or the Suzuki DRZ on my Toyota Tiger 4 WD Pickup but I fear to do it with the Monster which is this BMW 1200 GSA...

This being said, you're right two wonderfull bikes within a week could make people jalous, through and congratulations to West.

Nov 7, 2007
What a beauty, congrats!! I don't know if Mr. West got them but I have seen some really good looking side bags especially for the Multistrada, in Ducati-red. Gorgeous, as far as luggage can ever be gorgeous ;)

Getting really good, GS-beating reviews too:

Nov 7, 2007
SilverhawkUSA wrote: Congratulations, West! :thumbup: Did Ducati throw in the matching truck? :p
I have the same truck with same color ...does that mean i get one of those Multistradas ?(free , of course :) :shock: ) maybe i can't have it because my triton is a 4 door and the multistrada won't fit :cry:

mbox

Sep 22, 2008
Mbox. I think West has a 4 door. So i think you better give Ducati a ring and find out where yours is. On a side note there is an easy way to get bikes onto trucks.
Ramps.

Nov 7, 2007
thaicbr wrote: Mbox. I think West has a 4 door. So i think you better give Ducati a ring and find out where yours is. On a side note there is an easy way to get bikes onto trucks.
Ramps.
Having had a closer look you are right its 4 door and he could have it up there with the door left open....ok time to ask the Ducati Guys where mine is :happy4:

Mostprobably i would not need a ramp to load it on a truck....i am likely to ride it home :mrgreen:

mbox

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
thaicbr wrote: Mbox. I think West has a 4 door. So i think you better give Ducati a ring and find out where yours is. On a side note there is an easy way to get bikes onto trucks.
Ramps.
This is how you get them off (or on) when you DON'T have a ramp............

dr650ramp.jpg

8)

Oct 12, 2005
Congrats on the new bikes Wes. i'm can't wait to see him on the KTM SMC.

You guys have to check out Mark Rossi's method of loading the dirt bikes into his pickup. First time I ever went riding with Mark we had to get two bikes into the bed of the truck w/no ramps. No problem, two people, one on each side and lift I was thinking. Mark says "actually its easier if i do this myself" :wtf: , so I stand back as he just picks the damn bikes up and thows them into the back of the truck. All done with just balance and not much effort. I'm still waiting for my 130 pounds to gather enough gumption to try it.