Where is this stuba located ?

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Thirteen days and 3900km adventure trip is done in Northern Thailand.

To the point,

Who GT-Rider knows exactly where is this stuba located in Northern Thailand? and what this stuba involves?

This response will know a reward reputation and good name. :wink:

Marco does not respond. :wink:

Rajate.jpg
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Marco wrote:
Lasse,, WHY i'm disculifyed to reply?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know Noooothing 8)
You said you read me a Finnish travel blog. I thought that you remember about. :wink:
 

Marco

Ol'Timer
Oct 15, 2006
1,690
5
38
54
Khuang Nai
thailasse wrote: [quote quote=Marco]
Lasse,, WHY i'm disculifyed to reply?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know Noooothing 8)
You said you read me a Finnish travel blog. I thought that you remember about. :wink:
That called home advantage,,,should be alloved :D

but Lasse,,so sorry i havent been in that web page any more,, GTR is my home page now 8)
 

Ally

Ol'Timer
Dec 13, 2007
485
0
0
That wouldn't happen to be Wat Lueng tucked away in the woods?

:?:

Ally
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
One tip:

Behind this stuba is also a temple?

Where is this stuba/temple located?

And what this stuba involves?
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
thailasse wrote:

Behind this stuba is also a temple?
Tip three.

Same place but front side.

Note: Stuba / temple located in high mountains.

temple1.jpg
 

Attachments

  • temple1.jpg
    temple1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 70

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
12,479
2,898
113
67
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Arh, not even close eh? Now I'm in Savannakhet & even further away.
Some of the scenery in the background looks like around Doi Ang Khang / Doi Phahompok.
So is it on the Arunothai - DAK road, or on the DAK - Nor Lae road.
If it is Arunothai - DAK, then it is near the good general's old KMT camp / HQs.
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Davidfl wrote: Arh, not even close eh? Now I'm in Savannakhet & even further away.
Some of the scenery in the background looks like around Doi Ang Khang / Doi Phahompok.
So is it on the Arunothai - DAK road, or on the DAK - Nor Lae road.
If it is Arunothai - DAK, then it is near the good general's old KMT camp / HQs.
Davidfl, I'm sorry. Stuba is not located in these regions.

Tip four.

Davidfl, you've been near to this stuba and few GT-Rider also. :wink:
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Tip five.

Front side also.

Note: In one context, this place is known as the old border temple.

temple2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • temple2.jpg
    temple2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Ally wrote: I like this game :wink:

Can I phone a friend ?

:shock:

Ally
Nice to hear Ally.

Heh Ally, sure but check first tip six.

Tip six.

This mountain village located near stuba. Ban...

Where is this stuba located ? Ban.. ? :wink:

temple3.jpg
 

Auke

Ol'Timer
Nov 10, 2003
665
0
0
Just a wild guess but it looks like the area behind the Golden Horse Temple. I must admit that this stupa looks quite a bit bigger than from what I remember when I visited this place a few years ago.
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Auke wrote: Just a wild guess but it looks like the area behind the Golden Horse Temple. I must admit that this stupa looks quite a bit bigger than from what I remember when I visited this place a few years ago.
Auke, good idea but this stuba what i mean is not the same.

Here is stuba behind the Golden Horse Tempele.

489_G.jpg


514_G.jpg


486_G.jpg
 

Auke

Ol'Timer
Nov 10, 2003
665
0
0
Hi Lasse,

yes, I also thought that the stupa was smaller than the "mystery stupa". Once I saw the picture of the other stupa I knew that I was wrong with my assumption.
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Auke wrote: Hi Lasse,

yes, I also thought that the stupa was smaller than the "mystery stupa". Once I saw the picture of the other stupa I knew that I was wrong with my assumption.
Auke, I understood what you mean. I put the images for comparison. :wink:

Now gonna become one of the last tips this "mystery stuba" :wink:

Tip eight.

This mountain village located near stuba and this mountain village located near Burma border.

temple4.jpg
 

Auke

Ol'Timer
Nov 10, 2003
665
0
0
Lasse, I'll give it one more try before being of on a trip for a week or two. Is it Phrathat Doi Chang Mup which is located very close to the Thai/Myanmar border near Phrathet Doi Tung?
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Auke wrote: Is it Phrathat Doi Chang Mup which is located very close to the Thai/Myanmar border near Phrathet Doi Tung?
Is not this place. The region is already the correct, the Golden Triangle. :wink:
 

thailasse

Ol'Timer
Feb 14, 2007
98
3
8
Last tip....

tip nine.

This stuba / old border temple involves Buddhas's Lost Children documentary. (some photos from stubas, gallery 2 and 3)

http://www.buddhaslostchildren.com/

Buddha's Lost Children

You can also watch Buddha's Lost Children videos from You Tube. Phra Khru Bah and novices repair this old border temple and little boy Boontam arrives to the temple.

Spots:

Buddha's Lost Children 08/12
spot 7:40 - 9:29

Buddha's Lost Children 09/12
spot 0:00 - 5:40

Buddha's Lost Children 10/12
spot 0:00 - 1:20

Buddha's Los Children 11/12
spot 4:23 - 6:55

Where is this stuba/temple located? :D
 

Rhodie

Ol'Timer
Mar 5, 2006
847
3
18
Thailasse you tease...

This thread has become an Indiana Jones hunt for the lost stupa!
If Auke is stumped what hope is there for the rest of us?

Will the be a sequel and possibly even a prequel??