Where to get rid of oil, radiator coolant, etc.? (Chiang Mai)

Apr 23, 2007
Hi, where do people dispose of things like radiator coolant, oil, etc. after a
change on the bike?

Dec 27, 2007
I save the oil containers and refill them with used oil which I put in the trash. Always have extras because every time I get the pickup truck serviced they give me all the empty containers, so have some for oil, some for brake fluid, etc. I've tried on a couple occasions to give used oil to service stations that sell oil and they take it but give me weird looks. I guess they probably just pour it down the drain once I'm gone...

As for coolant/antifreeze I just let it go down the drain as it's biodegradable and breaks down quickly.

May 22, 2011
buy yourself a Royal Enfield, it's air cooled, and doesn't need oil changes, just oil refills :mrgreen:

Nov 21, 2010
As in Thailand nothing is just wasted I am sure used oil can be re-used again .... some say you could use it as a mixture in diesel in your car ... I would not do that. But anyway where ever I went for oil-changes for car or bike the oil was always poured in a big drum so I assume they sell it again (or filter it and put it back in those empty oil containers and sell it as new again).

Chang Noi