Where to go ??HONDA SILVER WING 600CC/ SIDECAR

Oct 17, 2006
Hi , I live on Phuket. Bought an automatic scooter 600cc and had imported from England the most sexy sidecar EZS Rally. Not because I am snobbish but because I am handicapped, (weak right leg ).
What are the chances of getting into neighboring countries with such a vehicle? Thai Registration in my name. Checking how to get sidecar mentionend in documents, up to now , no mention.
Any other suggestions? Every thought is welcome

PICO

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Pico

Hope you dont mind, I took the liberty of posting foto so everyone can see what a great looking side car you have

6021027_348.ts1163085423665.jpg

Cheers

John
Phuket

Oct 12, 2005
What a ride!! Hopefully they just look at the paperwork for the scooter and don't know that the rig was imported.

Good luck.

Cheers all.
"Formerly known as the twat, racer55"

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Pico-Pico
If the bike / vehicle is registered in your name it should be ok, but you wont really know 100% for sure until you suck it & see what happens at the border.
It's almost different for everyone each time they go, sometimes getting out of Thailand is the hardest for some guys, sometime it is "the other side" getting into Laos / Cambodia.
But once you’ve done it a couple of times, you get familiar with "the system" and what is required & how to deal with the officials.
If you go thru the Lao forum you will see a post from 2 English girls who drove a pink tuk-tuk home, plus one from Julian Bowyer who did a RTWE trip in a home made trike.
So if they can do it, so can you if your Thai rego paperwork is in order.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Oct 17, 2006
That´s very helpful David, it saves me a lot a searches on the net. I am trying to get the whole concoction legalized + insured, after all it cost me an arm and a leg

PICO