XMAS RIDE?

Apr 22, 2003
Last Xmas we had an enjoyable gatheing of GT rider misfits, just wondering if thier is any thing on the books for this Xmas?

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Personally, I'll be back in the UK for Xmas so I'll miss out on any proposed ride but when I used to belong to a club many years ago, we always did a New Years Day run to shake out the cobwebs from the previous night's excesses. Mind you, it was normally just above freezing in the UK in January which definitely helped clear the head. Dunno if it would work here in 30+ heat or whether we'd all be sweating and gagging in our helmets!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Apr 22, 2003
Gee Pikey
You Poms do every thing back wards, organise bike rides after a night on the booze, send all your criminals to paradise and invent games you cant win.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Not quite sure where I will be for x-mas this year. But if in town I will definately be up for the ride. We had a good time last year, but I might slow the pace down just a little this year........

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

Not quite sure where I will be for x-mas this year. But if in town I will definately be up for the ride. We had a good time last year, but I might slow the pace down just a little this year........
Dave Early

Hopefully it will happen again this year, whats with the slow the pace then Dave? last year you were up at the front staying with the leaders

SLOW THE PACE?

OK, OK! I took some flak last year for riding too fast with a passenger from those that can't or won't. I thought I would be more "politically correct" this time.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

What is going on for GT-Bikers around X'Mas ? I'll be around in Thailand at this period and am very willing to try my new bike...

Do you plan to organise something on road (not off-road or dirt bike) ?

For the time being I would only have my road bike, but would be very much willing to join you.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

What is going on for GT-Bikers around X'Mas ? I'll be around in Thailand at this period and am very willing to try my new bike...

Do you plan to organise something on road (not off-road or dirt bike) ?

For the time being I would only have my road bike, but would be very much willing to join you.

Snail

Subscribed
Nov 2, 2005
Cnx
Yes, good idea. Where? Is the 1148 too far away? Isn't the idea of a ride to go fast if that's what you enjoy?

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Guys

I wouldnt mind tagging along for a ride if I am still here, will have to hire a bike as I presume my Honda Jazz is a BIG NO NO

Cheers

John
Phuket

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
John,

See from another post that you are in CM right now. Marcus (mja34) is visiting from the UK for a few months and is keen to meet fellow GT-Riders, as am I. DavidFL and a couple of the other guys are out of town from tomorrow but if you fancy a meet, how does The Kafe at 8:30pm friday sound?

Cheers,

Pikey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The Chiang Dao - Phrao loop, with lunch at the Rim Doi resort would be my vote for a chrissy eve ride.
But that's the one we did last year (without the Rim Doi, as the ride was so slow); so maybe you guys dont want to do the same one again.
What are your ideas - up to you guys, especially since I will most likely be in Laos.

John
In Bkk at the moment, back Saturday or late Friday if I can get a ticket & my map proof is ok.
Check your phone no posted will you. I dialed it twice this morning & got the same wrong number??

Jun 21, 2006
Pikey
I am staying just behind Kafe, off to flower show this morning Friday not sure what time I get back my number is 087 418 1227

John
Phuket

Jun 21, 2006
Pikey

currently at flower show, will be able to make Kafe probably around 9-9.30 I will be the guy wearing a bright orange chivas baseball cap, hope to meet up later

cheers

Johno

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Colin,

Hopefully it will be via many 7/11's for you mate!

Am outta here for Xmas but wish everyone a goodie and back on 31/12.

BTW, is there going to be a GT-R gathering on 31/12 to see in the New Year?

Lastly (and begrudgingly!) John, David - congrats on taking back the Ashes - grrrrr!!!!![:(!]

Cheers,

Pikey

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Well guys I'm out. Going with Davidfl and trying a Laos entry on Saturday. Plan to be gone for a couple weeks. New Year's in Laos. Have a great ride if you get it together. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Slash-

quote:

Silverhawk, where are you trying to get into Laos? I asked at Tha Li the other day and was told no even though I showed him my green book

To the best of my knowledge, Tha Li is still not an international crossing point. See post http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... rms=bridge

Davidfl told me he/we had "special" permission to cross at Nong Khai but that later was found not to be true after a phone call today to double check, about 2 hours before I was ready to leave. Next idea was to go to Pakxan on Monday and cross but they do not have Visa on Arrival. Now I am on plan C and I am not sure what that is yet.

(I am getting just about fed up enough with all the regulation changes and uncertainties that the final plan may be to just get into my truck, which has a valid International Transit Permit and 4wd, and drive where the hell I please!)
[:(!]

brat

Aug 15, 2005
Hi all, arrived Chiang Mai yesterday, staying at the Lai Thai Inn until tomorrow (26th), then ride North, Laos in 2 days!

We've had very little access to internet but am keeping tabs for trip report!

Cheers
Chris and Nat

Snail

Subscribed
Nov 2, 2005
Cnx
Hi brat, I stopped by this evening. Saw your bike outside but none of the staff knew who you were. I left my phone number and will drop by in the morning and see if you are around

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Brat
Congratulations on making it to Chiang Mai. It's good to know you finally got "here."
So how's the Genghis Khan master plan for conquering S E Asia on Two wheels going - still on schedule?
Im in Vientiane right now but due back in Cnx on the 31st for a quite drink with the girlfriend & some new brownie points for the next trip.
Let's hope we can meet up somewhere.
Meanwhile swing by the Kafe & see which GT Rider "misfits" are hanging aorund town, while Silverhawk & I are out riding....