Yamaha Big Bike Skills Day - Chiang Mai

Jul 11, 2011
Was in Yamaha by Kad Sun Keaw Shopping Mall this afternoon looking at the new Super Terere and the guy in the shop asked if I could let people know that the are doing some king of big bike skill workshop this weekend 05 & 06 May.
The event is to be held on the ground next to Tawandeng Nightclub between Canal Road & Nimmanheeman Road and is scheduled to start at 08:03 running until 16:00.

I'm not totally sure what the day will entail but I believe other dealers from Yamaha, Kawasaki & Honda have done this type of thing in other parts of the country.
Maybe other forum members have experienced these days and could share their experiences.

Thanks

Lee

Sep 4, 2007
The last time this was run in Chiang Mai, it was a very professional effort run at the Night Safari car park area. No public in there during the day, so had the run of the place. Yamaha brought their Japanese trainer from Bangkok, he is very skilled and well regarded. A great 2 days, and while called 'basic training', it was a lot more than that. Big emphasis on thinking, planning and looking well ahead, not just the mechanical skills. Well worth while, good fun and good care taken of everyone.