Yet another visitor to ChiangMai...

Feb 15, 2009
Yes, I'll be arriving in mid-late October for two or three weeks of riding the various roads you guys rave about. Hope to fit in all the classic loops, and wouldn't mind some riding company... Can't be more specific with my plans until I get there, buy one of David's maps, and check things out.
Let me know if there are any rides planned etc...and where you guys meet for a beer...
(Maybe there should be a sticky for visitors....?)

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Looks like you will leave before I arrive (end of Nov)...

You will have trouble lining up any rides with the locals more than about 1 hour in advance... seems that they have lives and don't just sit around waiting for us tourists to swan in for someone to ride with... for them it is all about, you know, house work, and paying the bills, and buying the groceries and all that mundane stuff that we don't have to worry about when we are on holidays...

Many of the guys eat dinner at Kafe when in town...

1. The Kafe 127-9 Moon Muang Road. Tel 053212717

Cheers,
Daewoo

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Hi OB,

Unlikely I'll get to ride with you as I am off on a road trip in my truck with a mate (he can't ride anymore due to an accident) from 19/10 but we have a loose social group who drop into the Number 1 Bar on a thursday night after 8pm (recently christened "The Dogs Night Out Club"). I'll be back and there by thursday 29/10 if you are still about.

Cheers,

Pikey.