1986 FZX 750 spare parts

Mar 22, 2014
I am looking for coolant pipes and timing chain tensioner for this bike.
Does anybody have an idea about where to find these in Asia?? :lol: needed

Dec 27, 2007
Never heard of that bike, had to look it up :) Seems a bit like predecessor to the VMax!
all_done_and_finshed.jpg

Cant imagine anyone would stock parts for such a rare bike here in Thailand. Best to order from abroad.

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK;297762 wrote: Never heard of that bike, had to look it up :) Seems a bit like predecessor to the VMax!
all_done_and_finshed.jpg

Cant imagine anyone would stock parts for such a rare bike here in Thailand. Best to order from abroad.
Tony, it is indeed called "baby v-max" ....i think sold in some places as Fazer . I nearly bought one a while back , but had Vmax that time :) .
Spares for the fzx750 will not be easily found....unless it shares parts with other , more popular, yamaha bikes ( ie vmax, virago... ).

i recall that Franz mentioned a place in chonburi some years back where you might get lucky and find second hand parts. Also red baron is worth a try...i got spares for my Bros 650 , also years ago...

Dec 27, 2007
Yeah, the used parts warehouse at Red Baron might have what the OP needs, but I understand he's located in Chiang Mai, so a bit of a drive ;)

Anyway, coolant pipes are fairly generic and I'm sure he can find something here that will work, and the timing chain tensioner is a small inexpensive part that probably would not incur any duty if mailed in a small plain envelope.

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK;297781 wrote: Yeah, the used parts warehouse at Red Baron might have what the OP needs, but I understand he's located in Chiang Mai, so a bit of a drive ;)

Anyway, coolant pipes are fairly generic and I'm sure he can find something here that will work, and the timing chain tensioner is a small inexpensive part that probably would not incur any duty if mailed in a small plain envelope.
I don't know if they still do it , but i sent an email to red baron prior to travelling there asking for the parts....and to my surprise, they replied ! :)

Agreed, the smaller and "usual" the package the likelier to pass without "import tax" being added . Also suggest to send it not by courier , just regular mail service will raise the least attention .

Oct 17, 2006
That bike is a jewel its got the legendary 750 5 valve head motor ,,,much better handling,braking and weight than a lardy v max too

Apr 1, 2014
monsterman;297993 wrote: That bike is a jewel its got the legendary 750 5 valve head motor ,,,much better handling,braking and weight than a lardy v max too
Quite right, wonderful engine !
I have one in Thailand and another one in France.

I think it is easy to find the very short coolant pipes in a car parts shop.
As for the chain tensioner, you can find it on Ebay.