2007 MotoGP on UBC TV

Dec 26, 2006
for me i go to sergio ....no matter the screen and the sound.
But the food and the beer is good.
The last time i ate at Irish Pub ,,i spend my next day on the toilet.
I just to try to avoid these hazardous restaurant not very sure about what we call food hygiene!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

But like all relationships, nothing's perfect all the time, (least of all myself eh BobS), & I’m always prepared to give it a go, so wont quibble if it aint right 100% to god’s standards all the time just because someone was having a bad day.

Don't know about "100 % to god's standards" Mr. Unkovich, have heard a fare share of gripes from you over time also. All I know is that when someone invites you to their establishment, knows you are coming, and then is not prepared to handle it, that's not a good first impression. I am more than happy to give it another chance as others seemed quite pleased and also I am told the second time around was better.

I appreciate the places that invite us and the great camaraderie of watching the races with friends, otherwise I could just watch them at home. I realize it is tough to please everyone. This week is still the Irish Pub for me.

Oct 12, 2005
I get the willies driving to the UN on a Sunday due to the market crowd and stay clear of the area with its' traffic/parking issues Sunday evening. They've not always been the most gracious to the moto GP crowd, we play second fiddle to most other sports. Just an observation.

I'll be at Bonissimo. Great host, food, screen etc. Hopefully he'll vget the sound sorted as thats the only drawback. Sorry I'll miss the rest of the crew.

Jun 21, 2006
great bread at buenissimo's too. cute staff, riverside setting, fantastic smelling toilets, gets my vote everytime.

Nov 11, 2006
To all who complained about the service and the sound at last week's Moto GP at Buonissimo both were fixed for yesterday.
And for those complaining about the sound I'm waiting for the complaints about the sound at Irish Pub - there isn't any on all of the occasions I've been there. It's turned off/down so as not to disturb the other customers - again they are MotoGP and SBK unfriendly and no doubt if there happens to be a clash with another program YO WILL NOT GET Mororcycle racing!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
SUNDAY 24th June
MotoGP Great Britain - Donnington Park circuit.
Who's going where - UN Irish / Buonissimo's??
So let's own up in advance, have a good time & spare the slagging off shall we?
Me - I'll be coming back in from Mae Sarieng & end up at whichever is most convenient.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

So let's own up in advance,

have a good time & spare the slagging off shall we?
Me - I'll be coming back in from Mae Sarieng & end up at whichever is most convenient.

I am usually willing to go along with the crowd. Happy to go almost anyplace with friends. BUT offering an opinion that is hopefully taken as "constructive criticism" is not "slagging off". Hopefully opinions based on fact are still welcome here. Thought that was one of the main purposes of this site.

Glad to hear Bounissimo's has gotten even better and more than happy to give it another try.

Dec 26, 2006
Seems that some are still looking for some place ,really really Cheap Charlie!!!!!
Buonissimo is far better than Irish Pub ,where they almost tell you to **** off if you want to watch any Motorcycle racing .....
i tought that the topic was over and we all agreed to go to Buonissimo who really set his place with large screen and nice seating ....even if the beer is 5 baht more expensive that Irish pub MR DAVID...
Myself ,i wont have the chance to watch it as i will be oversea for another 3 weeks.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Gonna give Buonissimo's a try this weekend - are there any stairs and if so, how steep? [;)]

BTW, seen that the Irish Pub has lessened the stair angle during their remodelling so less hazardous for drunken bums such as myself....

Just picked up on this thread after a bit of absence, and the only comment I would make (as a former bar/restaurant owner) is that a group of guys like the GT riders can make a big difference to the days takings and I for one would rather give my £££ to a fellow rider rather than a (possibly) less than enthusiastic non-rider.

So, see whomever at B's tomorrow and take it from there.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

Seems that some are still looking for some place ,really really Cheap Charlie!!!!!
Buonissimo is far better than Irish Pub ,where they almost tell you to **** off if you want to watch any Motorcycle racing .....
i tought that the topic was over and we all agreed to go to Buonissimo who really set his place with large screen and nice seating ....even if the beer is 5 baht more expensive that Irish pub MR DAVID...
Myself ,i wont have the chance to watch it as i will be oversea for another 3 weeks.
fabrice

Fabrice-

Where do you get the "cheap charlie" crack from? I don't recall the price of anything being mentioned in my posts. Also I don't drink beer so I could care less about the price. Get your facts straight if you're going to get personal. My initial comments were about the poor service I felt I received and that I preferred to try somewhere else and some of us did. No one agreed on any one location and we don't have to.

I don't know what experience you have had at the Irish Pub but we watched F1 and MotoGP there long before you became active here. We again watched it without problem the last few weeks although things were not good due to the construction not being finished, they had it posted on their sign out front, as they have many times, so that does not seem as MotoGP unfriendly as people seem to say.

I can give you a list of many places we have watched races over the years and each has it's good and bad.

I also stated in my posts that I have an open mind and that there was NOTHING personal in any of my comments. I said each time that I was more than happy to give anywhere another chance. I have no personal vendetta or problem with Bounissimos other than the poor service I commented on the first time and which apparently has since been remedied. Glad to hear it and I will probably be there this Sunday.

Virtually every person on this board has made their own observations and comments, good or bad, on many issues. I will continue to state my opinions as I always have and you are free to do so also, obviously. There is no need to get personal.

Davidfl and I are very good friends and will sometimes take a jab at each other just for fun and have a laugh about it over cappuccino the next day. Let's keep personalities out of this along with "cheap charlie" comments.

This is ONLY about watching a race on TV, we are not trying to solve world peace here!

Hey Pikey, I'm starting to sound like your moniker (and yes there are steps!).

[edited for typo's]

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
This weekend (SATURDAY), it's back to the Irish Pub for me after giving Buonissimo's a try last weekend. Nice enough place, the food looked good and the beer was priced same as most places (55B for a small Singha). For me at least, the place seemed a bit sterile and lacked any atmosphere. Now, I realise that the people create the atmosphere and there were enough of the regulars there to do so, but it just didn't seem to happen (maybe due to the layout?) so it's back to the Irish to eat crap food, drink piss beer, hear nothing, get verbally abused by the dodgy management and generally have a good time! [;)]

And yes Dave, I did detect a hint of belligerance in your above post - good on you!

BTW, given the amount of staff at Buonissimo's, the drinks service could have been better.....

Cheers,

Pikey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
ASSEN Dutch MotoGP Saturday 30th June
According to the official GT Rider UBC Guru - Tropical John - its on from 4.00 - 8.00 PM.
So, take your pic Cnx gents - the UN Irish or Buonissimos.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl

ASSEN Dutch MotoGP Saturday 30th June
According to the official GT Rider UBC Guru - Tropical John - its on from 4.00 - 8.00 PM.
So, take your pic Cnx gents - the UN Irish or Buonissimos.

Oops, No UN Irish for MotoGP this weekend. The rugby is on Oz vs South Africa & Sandy expects the pub to be overfull with rugby fans, so no MotoGP. The best he could offer is downstairs "probably", but that is not a guarantee, so Buonissimo's is the winner then this week!

Jun 21, 2006
David

MotoGP replay Monday 23.00 to 01.00 Tuesday morning

replay Tuesday 21.00 to 23.00

don't forget, from memory, the 125's don't race at Laguna, hence the 2 hour telecast.

Jun 21, 2006
UBC Star Sports 16.00 - 20.00

Cable (DSTV)
Build Up 14.45
125cc 15.45
250cc 17.00
MotoGP 18.45

Go Casey Stoner..... he is on Pole

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Yep we have a race today alright.
For Cnx GT Riders I phoned the UN Irish & they will be showing the whole race. (Football / soccer starts at 6.45 & 7.30 pm, but these will be shown on the "other" TVs first.)
Go Stoner go!

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Next sunday (23/9) sees MotoGP coming from Japan which means a daytime race for us here in Thai. UBC is showing the races from 9am til 1pm so I assume that MotoGP will start at midday Thai time.

I spoke with Ian Bungy and he's happy to host us at the X-Centre so may I suggest meeting there for eating & racing followed by a leisurely blat around the Samoeng Loop? I'll be there from about 10:30.

Cheers,

Pikey

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by pikey

Next sunday (23/9) sees MotoGP coming from Japan which means a daytime race for us here in Thai. UBC is showing the races from 9am til 1pm so I assume that MotoGP will start at midday Thai time.

I spoke with Ian Bungy and he's happy to host us at the X-Centre so may I suggest meeting there for eating & racing followed by a leisurely blat around the Samoeng Loop? I'll be there from about 10:30.

Cheers,

Pikey

Pikey sounds alright to me, but why not a quick lap before the race, then "get into it" watching the races on the goggle box?

Jun 21, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by pikey

Pikey

Jeff

I was just checking the South African TV Web Site
They are showing MotoGP in reverse order, but times don't match up with UBC.

Now UBC may be correct but might be worthwhile checking what order UBC
is showing races

UBC Chanel : ESPN
Date : 23/09/2007
Start time Program
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08:57 Motogp World Championship 2007 (On The Grid)
13:00 Sportscenter: The Field Report

South African Channel Sports 2
10.45 - MotoGP Chit Chat
11.45 - MotoGP
13.30 - 125
14.45 - 250

Just thought I would add my 1 baht's worth to try and confuse you all

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Hi TJ,

Cheers for the info. I know that MotoGP is always 14:00 local time and as Japan is +2 hours from Thai, presume that it's a midday kick-off for us and this seems to be true looking at your S. African times (11:45 for MotoGP). Let's hope we have got it right [;)]. Maybe we should change our signatures to some kind of disclaimer???

Cheers,

Pikey.