2009 KLX / D-Tracker Accessories.

MHart

Aug 12, 2009
Ian Bungy, I read your post and I am hoping that you can help me. I have a friend who is coming to Chiangmai by the end of August. I live in Chaingmai. He asked me to find him a new Kawasaki KLX 250 D-Tracker. He is sending me the money for it right now. He also asked if I could get it registered and some modification done.

1st, he would like your rack and skid plate.
2nd, he would like special exhaust and a better long range seat. I have a picture that I can email you.
3rd, he needs to get the green registration book with the purchase.

Do you have a recommended dealership here in Chiangmai?
Will they take care of the registration and legal paperwork?
Can you do the requested modifications?
If not, where can I get these mods?

Thank you. Appreciate all your help.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi there,
I think Your Friend has already been in Contact with Me? Anyway in answer to Your Questions:
1, I will Order the New Rack and Skid Plate for Him. You or Him can Pick it up from Me anytime?
2, I can Give Him a Copy of My Exhaust but let Him look around for a Better Option if He wants? I don't Change Seats but I know where the Guy is who has made ones for other People on this Forum and I can show You where?
3, The Kawasaki Shop does all the Work required for Registration etc so No Dramas there.
There is Only the One Kawasaki Dealer in Chiang Mai selling Big Bikes!
Yes I can make the Extras, Prices for My Rack, Skid Plate & Exhaust are listed on the GT-Rider Website where You posted!
Any more Questions Send Me an Email.

Sep 25, 2009
I live way down south and bought myself a KLX last week. What an amazing bike. I am interested in your exhaust pipe. If you can help me let me know. Thanks.

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
Ian / GT Riders
Mike in Pattaya has got green / gold rims available now.
102_2235.jpg

102_2236.jpg

102_2237.jpg

Rgds
Tony

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
I bought this exhaust at Mityon Kawasaki Pattaya for the KLX. 3800 baht. It is purpose made as it has the thread for the oxygen sensor. Pretty much a straight through pipe and very noisy!! Alloy hence lighter than original. Includes muffler and pipe where oxygen sensor fits. Initial impressions after a quick blast is it improves performance at high revs. Nothing much in the low to mid (as expected). Mityon have one fitted to a D-tracker test bike. Mechanic suggested another model for 24000 baht (sorry don't remember brand). It was also straight through. Choice was a no brainer! Fitted it myself. Very easy.
My bike has the 'free' rev limit mod, plus snorkel removed (see photos).

Cheers
Tony

4073206189_153ec9af7e_o.jpg

4073966096_73b68e3bb1_o.jpg

4073965996_1c5ce65fe1_o.jpg

4073205899_a4df24f187_o.jpg

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Hello Oneton,
Nice rims and tyres.I am looking to get some Dirt Tyres and with a set of different rims for my Klx after all the mud we have up in the sticks.
Can you give me location of the shop in Pattaya you got them.
Thanks
Linds

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
Hi Linds
Rims are from Mike in Pattaya. He deals direct with manufacturer. Call him on 0831135929. He can do complete wheels with colored rims / hubs, motard wheels etc for all bikes.
Tyres are IRC vulcanenduro 35E, and 35E-F. Coming from Bangkok on Sukhumvit, pass Siam Country Club Road then past Soi Nernplubwan on left, double shop house m/c shop (thai style!) before the bus station for upcountry services. Approx 2500 baht for F & R.

Rgds
Tony

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Ian, great thread, I just purchased a KLX250 form a member here. I shall be picking your brains for a few tips. :D

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Ian,

Do you still have the contacts that make the Skid plate?

Would like to get one of these..

Cheers
Brian

mickba

Jan 19, 2009
Ian Bungy;246996 wrote: Looks Good oneton. Yes Mike has a Big range of Rims now including Super Motard!!! :wink: Great Stuff!
outside I have sent You a private message! You can email me direct at [email [email protected]][email protected][/email] Thanks.
Hi Ian,

I just bought a 2011 D-Tracker and found this thread, but it seems to have gone quiet.

Are you still doing stuff?

Sep 19, 2006
Brian & Mick,
I haven't really Got Time to do these things anymore! I passed it on to Jonadda John but He doesn't have the Time either? The Skid Plate, Rack and Exhaust are Made by Somchit here in Chiang Mai. His Number is 0819508622. I have Had some reports His Exhausts Fail after Time so I recommend Just His Skid Plate & Rack which I have had No Complaints about! There is another Guy out near the X-Centre who makes Exhausts and Racks as well. His Exhausts are Better but Loud! Even Makes the Power Bomb Header which are brilliant and make a noticeable difference! It is called "Home Moto", can't remember His Name? He only speaks Thai and sends loads of Stuff to BKK for the D-Tracker Club etc! His Number is 0871894608. If You are passing the X-Centre in Chiang Mai call in and I can Show You the Shop! Good Luck!

Apr 28, 2011
Ian Bungy;266694 wrote: Brian & Mick,
I haven't really Got Time to do these things anymore! I passed it on to Jonadda John but He doesn't have the Time either? The Skid Plate, Rack and Exhaust are Made by Somchit here in Chiang Mai. His Number is 0819508622. I have Had some reports His Exhausts Fail after Time so I recommend Just His Skid Plate & Rack which I have had No Complaints about! There is another Guy out near the X-Centre who makes Exhausts and Racks as well. His Exhausts are Better but Loud! Even Makes the Power Bomb Header which are brilliant and make a noticeable difference! It is called "Home Moto", can't remember His Name? He only speaks Thai and sends loads of Stuff to BKK for the D-Tracker Club etc! His Number is 0871894608. If You are passing the X-Centre in Chiang Mai call in and I can Show You the Shop! Good Luck!

Hi Ian,

Is it possible to order direct from the shop & post to Malaysia?
Thanks.

Sep 19, 2006
Hello Aki,
What are You after? You can give Somchit a Call as He speaks English but the other guy only Speaks Thai? Or You can Call the Kawasaki Shop in Chiang Mai as they sell most things and can probably send to You? They may have a Web site? but I don't know it? Their Telephone Numbers are 66-53-201509 or 270381-2 Fax is 66-53-201510. Good Luck.

Apr 28, 2011
Hi Ian,

I need a skid plate & rear rack. The problem is that I'm staying in Bintulu, East Malaysia.