2012 Honda CRF250L

Dec 27, 2007
KZ25;278618 wrote: Is that just hearsay or do you know that the components of the 150cc versions are different/inferior?
Not hearsay- many of the components on the road legal KLX150 are lower spec than on the dedicated offroad KLX140.

Mar 11, 2008
mbox999;278585 wrote: Kawasaki Real MotoSports Bangkok posted on Facebook
Open for pre-order now. KLX150 and D-Tracker150 (carbureter type).
D-Tracker150: 79500 Thb (green, Orange)
KLX150: 75000 Thb (green, black)
Tel 02 728 1605-6

Will this model be a carb or FI model ??

Know a little TG who would really enjoy one of these.

crs

Mar 12, 2012
TonyBKK;278623 wrote: Not hearsay- many of the components on the road legal KLX150 are lower spec than on the dedicated offroad KLX140.
Would like to know exactly what is different... Is the suspension the same? Thing is, I'd think to upgrade a few bits anyways - including some of these worse bits - like carb, bars, fit stiffer suspension springs, etc.

Aug 29, 2008
crs;278630 wrote: Would like to know exactly what is different... Is the suspension the same? Thing is, I'd think to upgrade a few bits anyways - including some of these worse bits - like carb, bars, fit stiffer suspension springs, etc.
sure, but alloy swingarm/rims?

Dec 27, 2007
LivinLOS;278629 wrote: Will this model be a carb or FI model ??

Know a little TG who would really enjoy one of these.
The KLX 150 is carb'd. I really wasn't paying much attention to the differences between the off-road 140 and the road legal 150, but I noticed the 150 has a steel swingarm, while the 140's is aluminum. Beyond that I really can't recall what the other differences were. Has anyone done a search for the 150 specs?

bung

Feb 6, 2006
Shame for those of us who are eagerly awaiting news of the CRF 250L who see updates to the thread only to find it has somehow turned into a conversation about the Kawasaki 140/150.....

Oh well, I guess we are all bored with waiting for it's release....

Oh, and the fact I haven't added anything of value isn't lost on me either!

bung

Feb 6, 2006
OK, I will attempt to redeem myself.

After a bit of a search around it appears that demo bikes will be available May 9th and official pricing is B138,000.

Unverified of course.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I have to agree with You Bung! Given that after the opening of the Honda Big Wing I am surprised None of the Guys who went have Told us anything about the CRF250L??? Seems a bit strange, all secret squirrel stuff???

Sep 4, 2007
Ian Bungy;278661 wrote: I have to agree with You Bung! Given that after the opening of the Honda Big Wing I am surprised None of the Guys who went have Told us anything about the CRF250L??? Seems a bit strange, all secret squirrel stuff???
That may be because it will not be sold by the Big Bike Wing, but by the smaller bike division and the large number of dealers they already have. Which raises the question for the big bikes. Apart from BKK, where will they be sold and serviced?

Nov 7, 2007
Ian Bungy;278661 wrote: I have to agree with You Bung! Given that after the opening of the Honda Big Wing I am surprised None of the Guys who went have Told us anything about the CRF250L??? Seems a bit strange, all secret squirrel stuff???
It's the usual APe Honda way of launching ...they have no glue , it is a real embarrassment to the Honda Brand.
Meanwhile on Tiger/Sachs and other Forums the Rumor of a possible price for the CRF250L from 138.000thb is around ..... i hope this is the wrong price !

Nov 7, 2007
mbox999;278665 wrote: It's the usual APe Honda way of launching ...they have no glue , it is a real embarrassment to the Honda Brand.
Meanwhile on Tiger/Sachs and other Forums the Rumor of a possible price for the CRF250L from 138.000thb is around ..... i hope this is the wrong price !
APe Honda are idiots but I don't think that's the holdup this time - they probably either don't know when the bike's going to be ready, or they were ordered not to tell by Honda.

This is a brand new bike made for the first time in Thailand. Maybe the date when it's going to be ready can't be predicted that accurately?! They thought they'd release it in March but obviously something went wrong and it's been delayed. Probably didn't pass quality checks for one reason or another. That's the way product development works. It's not like Honda's Thai factories have a wealth of experience building big bikes.

As for the price - if you take the CBR250R USA price and add 7% VAT, you end up with 135k baht... big bikes that are cheaper here than in the USA are rare... there's only one, really. All the others cost more in Thailand.

Mar 11, 2008
Big bikes are expensive here due to import locally made bikes should be cheaper..

But either way it's a large jump from the 11x pricing initially made..

Feb 1, 2012
[QUOTE=nikster;278666

They thought they'd release it in March but obviously something went wrong and it's been delayed. Probably didn't pass quality checks for one reason or another.

The welding of the frames i recokon or to many of there workers have put there backs out trying to move the things ... you would think they are building a space craft not a bloody motorbike.

Nov 7, 2007
^ I don't know, but I am usually on the engineering end when marketing proclaims something incredibly stupid like "it will ship in March!". So I can relate... ;)

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
bung;278657 wrote: Shame for those of us who are eagerly awaiting news of the CRF 250L who see updates to the thread only to find it has somehow turned into a conversation about the Kawasaki 140/150...
I don't mind a discussion about other comparable bikes when there are no news on the CRF. As I mentioned above the official release is in middle of May in Japan.

Talking about the KLX 150, exactly which parts are different besides the swing arm and the handle bar? Cheaper parts may explain the lower price but if you upgrade you may end up paying around 85,000 baht - for an air-cooled 150 with small wheels.

Too bad Honda isn't interested in offering a full-sized CRF150L based on the CBR150R with 21/18" rims and 18hp, or even better, a supermoto version with Duke look.

I'd pay 85,000 baht for that.

Dec 27, 2007
Dear Ian,

Nothing to tell mate.

The new Honda Big Wing will only sell imported bikes, not the CRF250L, so there's nothing to report.

Ride On!

Tony :happy2:

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK;278688 wrote: Dear Ian,

Nothing to tell mate.

The new Honda Big Wing will only sell imported bikes, not the CRF250L, so there's nothing to report.

Ride On!

Tony :happy2:
They probably told things of the CRF250R on the Honda Big WHINGE :)?

I am not really surprised why the launch of crf250L is how it is.

Remember , when the new CBR150R & Cbr250R was launched??? I recall reading a lot of people being pissed off how APe Honda did it.....and now it isn't any different. We will eventually get the crf250L .... probably same as on the cbr150/250 launch to quite inflated prices due to "hungry" dealers , but it will hopefully settle soon enough.

Nov 21, 2010
Well APH way of introducing a new bike might be selling technic (a stupid one I think but that doesn't matter to them) .... they just spread a rumor and look how much requests there will be and adjust the price to their likeness.

Different as at the Kawa dealer who could just tell me when the D-Tracket & KLX 150 will be in their shop and how much they would cost.

Chang Noi

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Aint google a woderfull thing ;)
If you search around the Honda sites the best info for what they will be selling here is on the Honda India site as below details show;
And guess what 'Made in LoS'

TOKYO, Japan, April 13, 2012 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced the start of sales in Japan on May 14, 2012, of a new 250-cc on/off-road model, the CRF250L, which offers an agile ride in a wide range of riding environments from urban to off road riding.

CRF250L (Extreme Red)

CRF250L (Ross White)
Under the slogan, “‘New On & Off Gear, your right buddy on the road’ to make ‘On’ (daily life) more convenient and ‘Off’ (weekends) more enjoyable,” the development team, by pursuing total balance and driving stability to the utmost, created a vehicle that enables a broad spectrum of users from beginners to experienced riders to enjoy the sheer fun of handling the machine.

The CRF250L is powered by a liquid-cooled 250-cc 4-stroke DOHC single-cylinder engine with powerful output in the low-to-mid rpm range. Low-friction technologies including an offset cylinder are also employed to realize the excellent fuel efficiency of 44.3 km/L (measured at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road).

A newly-designed frame makes use of the steel twin-tube structure to offer the rider a nimble ride while ensuring both agility and stability. In addition, an agile, high-performance run-through ability in a wide range of situations from urban riding to off road is realized through the adoption of an inverted suspension with a 250-mm cushion stroke for the front and the Pro-Link suspension with 240 mm of axle travel for the rear.

Styling has been refined to be sharper and more aggressive while inheriting the basic concept of Honda’s CRF motocrosser series, resulting in a design that asserts a Honda identity fitting for a new-era CRF. Customers are offered a choice of two color schemes: Extreme Red to present an aggressive image or Ross White for those who wish to impart a cool image.

Main Features of the CRF250L

Engine

The engine aims for powerful output that can be handled with equal ease on on-road and off-road. While achieving powerful torque from the low rpm range to high, the CRF250L’s engine also boasts output characteristics expressing the smooth rev-up that typifies a liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC engine. The Programmed Fuel Injection System (PGM-FI*), the O2 sensor, catalyzer fitted inside the muffler, and the newly applied low-friction technologies embedded in such components as the offset cylinder and the roller rocker arm all form a synergy that delivers high environmental performance along with excellent fuel efficiency of 44.3 km/L (measured at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road).
PGM-FI is a registered trademark of Honda.
Vehicle body/suspension

The newly-designed frame makes use of a steel twin-tube design to offer a nimble ride while ensuring both agility and stability, and the oval cross-sectional shape of the main pipe helps boost rigidity while enabling a slim vehicle body. The inverted front suspension employs a Separate Function Front Fork having an inner tube diameter of 43 mm and a cushion stroke of 250 mm in a design that secures both light weight and high rigidity to deliver excellent operability and high driving stability. The aluminum monoblock cast swing arm yields high strength and proper rigidity balance and is paired with a Pro-Link rear suspension having 240 mm of axle travel providing the rider with impressive agility and high road-holding capability from urban riding to off road.

Styling

Styling has been refined into a sharper and more aggressive tone while inheriting the concept of “centralized mass with triangular proportions,” a key feature and basic principle of Honda’s CRF motocrosser series. This design asserts a Honda identity befitting the CRF for a new era. A surface encompassing tank shrouds, side covers, and a rear fender has been made flush to project an even sharper image. Meanwhile, the muffler cover and tool box on the left side add accent to the design by forming a shape reminiscent of a side racing number plate. The body comes in one of two colors, Extreme Red featuring a red seat to impose an aggressive image and Ross White with a silver seat to emanate a sense of coolness.

Key equipment

A headlight visor that enhances a tough and muscular look and a multi-reflector headlight (60/55 W) with superb visibility
A multifunctional digital meter that incorporates a fuel meter, a clock, and trip/odometer
Skid plates that prevent mud, flying gravel, and other elements from damaging the engine
A handle turning angle that extends to 45° on both left and right in a design made for maneuverability
Cargo hooks in the rear fender section to make loading convenient
Fuel tank with a capacity of 7.7 liters
Specifications

Model name CRF250L
Vehicle name/type Honda/JBK-MD38
Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 2,195×815×1,195
Wheelbase (mm) 1,445
Ground clearance (mm) 255
Seat height (mm) 875
Curb weight (kg) 143
Riding capacity (No. of occupants) 2
Minimum turning radius (m) 2.3
Engine type MD38E, Liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 4-valve single cylinder
Total displacement (cm3) 249
Bore × Stroke (mm) 76.0×55.0
Compression ratio 10.7
Maximum output (kW[PS]/rpm) 17[23]/8,500
Maximum torque (N・m[kgf・m]/rpm) 22[2.2]/7,000
Fuel efficiency (km/L) 44.3
(constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road)
Fuel supply system Electronic

Starter type Self starter
Ignition type Full-transistor battery ignition
Lubricating type Wet sump
Fuel tank capacity (L) 7.7
Clutch type Wet multiplate with coil springs
Transmission type Constant mesh 6-speed return
Transmission gear ratios 1st 3.333
2nd 2.117
3rd 1.571
4th 1.304
5th 1.115
6th 0.962
Reduction gear ratio
(primary/secondary) 2.807/2.857
Caster angle (°) /Trail (mm) 27°35´/113
Tire size Front 3.00-21 51P
Rear 120/80-18M/C 62P
Brake type Front Hydraulic disc
Rear Hydraulic disc
Suspension type Front Telescopic (Inverted)
Rear Swing arm (Pro-Link suspension system)
Frame type Semi-double cradle
Manufacturer: Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Manufacturing country: Thailand
Importer from Thailand: Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

bung

Feb 6, 2006
I just had an email from a mate and in part he said he went into Niyom panich in CM, they had a white one there and he paid a deposit on a red. The bike would be there in 2-3weeks.

Price was 134,900 Baht.
This is a Promotion Price which lasts for 15 Days He claimed after that time the Price will go up 5000 Baht to 139,900 Baht.