6 MONTHS PERMIT FOR CAMBODIA REGISTERED BIKE INTO THAILAND

Assuming the rules are the same for all foreign bikes you need to visit a customs office anywhere every 30 days for a free extension. The extension can't be beyond the validity of your entry stamp, so usually that means crossing the border yourself first to get a new 30 day stamp, then doing the customs procedure.

I've been doing this for the last 9 months.

Jan 19, 2007
yes ,the same as us, but if you read that link to thai customs it says 6 months are possible, i have a 12 month visa,but only ever get a month for the bike, in fact in pattaya immigration said the month could only be extended if i went out and back in at a border crossing, im confused !

Patthaya customs must be wrong then. You get 30 days at a time, although some people were lucky and got more on entry. Once the customs people punch it into the computer system it will spit it right back at them if they give you more than 30 days.

So: 30 days on entry, max. 6 months total without the vehicle having to leave the country. So far I've sucessfully gotten extensions in Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Mae Sot.

If you have a 12 month visa then I assume you have to do a border run every 3 months? Take the bike out on the second run and bring it right back in. Do your visa run on your bike.

Aug 14, 2006
When I picked up my bike at the port, the official asked me how long it would remain in Thailand. I told him I planned to take it out within 3 months. So he gave me a 3-mo. permit, and he told me I could renew it for 30 days at a time up to a max. of 1 year.
Note that any time you leave the country with the vehicle, the case gets closed, and a new permit is issued upon re-entry. Hence, I assume you can keep your bike on a succession of temporary import permits indefinitely, but this loop hole may not remain open if it leads to too much publicity or abuse. Already, some customs officers seem to think it's a form of tax evasion.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Mikethevigo...6-mos is the max time on a temp import:

A TEMPORARY IMPORT OF PERSONAL VEHICLES
A temporary import of personal vehicles for a short visit e.g. a motor vehicle, motorcycle, yacht, sports boat, or fishing vessel, etc. into Thailand by owners shall be grant tax/duty relief provided that they are to be re-exported within 1-2 months but not exceeding six months. Any persons intending to temporarily import personal vehicles e.g. a motor vehicle, motorcycle, yacht, sports boat, or fishing vessel, etc. have to closely observe the following Customs regulations and conditions:

see link:
http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Pe ... Import.pdf